Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial Jeep Insurance

Options
  • 01-12-2007 6:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know how to insure a commercial jeep i.e Trooper or Landcruiser.
    I insured a commercial fiesta and focus vans privately before and was wondering was it the same for jeeps or do I have to have a VAT no?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

u dont need a vat number, im insured commericly was never asked for one on a landcruiser, which will be for sale in the new year if ur interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I have a commercial jeep and recently filed a tax return, my accountant informed me that there is no VAT charged on insurance - so in answer to your question, no, you do not need a VAT number.

Just make sure your insurance company give you a "proper" invoice for your records, it will be included as a cost at the end of the year and save you a couple of euro on your corpo tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

cheers lads it's not for commercial use just my own personal use, do a fair bit of fishing and photography and stuff also tend to drive to places with no roads i.e. Roscommon

same here i bought it for fishing and carrying some music gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Had a Landcruiser comercail before....1000 for the comercial insurance ( i used it privatly) and the poxy DOE every year...pain in the bum bum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

*mono* wrote: »
    places with no roads i.e. Roscommon

Hee Hee :D

I hear they are trying to sort out running water first, then electric lights in every home after that they will look at the road infrastucture.

my insurance is 750 with an endorsement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Insured with First Ireland Brokers in Leixlip, €450 with AIG insurance.
    I'm 29 with clean history

Advertisement