Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Suburban Lounging Cafe in Dublin

Options
  • 01-12-2007 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

I've lived all over Dublin and love nothing more than lounging around with a nice cup of coffee in a comfy cafe. Whats everyone's favourite cafe out of the city centre? Fond of Mugs in Dalkey, Cafe society in Ranellagh and Sandbar out by Clontarf myself...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Simons on Georges Street/Georges Street Arcade is a good one.... Metro on Chatham Street is relaxing too. Dunne & Crezendsis is , for me anyway, the most relaxing café or cafés around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i'm quite fond of lovinspoon for a cuppa tea, sambo, nice chat and general chillin'.

not sure the name of the street... but if you start at the quays, and walk down o'connell street, keep walking past the ambassador, and then past the church/cathedral, and keep an eye out on your right...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

Eh, they're not exactly suburban though are they? I'm talkin outside the city centre. Just been to a great one in Lucan village called Conrads. Great place to read the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Is Café Moda in Rathmines far enough out for you? Great coffee and dangerously relaxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

But lounging in a café in the 'burbs just isn't the same :( Might as well just sit in my kitchen.

Café lounging is an urban activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ch2008 wrote: »
    Eh, they're not exactly suburban though are they? I'm talkin outside the city centre. Just been to a great one in Lucan village called Conrads. Great place to read the papers

apologies. havent really found any ones i really love outside that one, though it being relatively central, but still out of the way is one of hte reasons it's so convenient and nice to meet up there with my friend.

Advertisement