Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breton afternoon on Saturday

Options
  • 01-12-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Well we always complain there is nothing to do ...

Well there's a Breton Afternoon on in the Galway City Museum from 12:00 - 16:00 for anyone who is interested.

Will involve a crepe workshop (which is free)
    Breton Dancing workshop (which is free)
    There are a few musicians over from Lorient
    To actually buy a crepe will cost a eur or two (no idea of prices for those yet)

[for those of you who don't know Galway is Twinned with Lorient in Brittany / France]

My wife is breton hence I'll be attending rather than sleeping the morning away :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Is it just today?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Thanks OP. Will most probably take a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

where is galway city museum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Sorry guys was gone to it all day so haven't had a chance to respond till now ... and its all over now .. was quite a cool day if I do say so myself. A lot of kids turned up with their parents and got to make their own Crepes. A lot of adults turned up as well.

Mainly the Bretons who were dancing but a few irish as well.

Everyone had a go at making the Crepes and Galettes and I think there was quite a nice atmosphere. It was done in two sessions one starting at 12 and another starting around 14:00

Galway City Museum is down behind the spanish arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Is it just today?

Yeah sorry was just today. Sorry for short notice had forgotten about it and I guess there wasn't a lot of advertising done about it. Don't think the weather helped but didn't hurt it that much either as there was a nice turn up

I'll post again if there are any more events so long as the Mods don't mind (I know its frowned on advertising events). This was a not for profit event. Teas and Coffees were charged for at €1.50 but the crepes were pretty much free as I don't think anyone was charged. So the proceeds from the tea / coffee probably paid for the ingredients for the batter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement