Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs/Ireland Flag

Options
  • 01-12-2007 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

We were chatting about this after the game in Thursday.

You probably notice that when Spurs play away in Europe there’s always a huge number of Spurs flags on show in the away end. Also where ever the boozing is being done before the game (usually town squares) the flags come out again and look superb. (I think Ronan previously posted a few photos of Braga last year which shows this kinda thing in full swing)

Anyway, we were thinking about how great it would be if we could get a massive Irish/Spurs flag made for these kind of occasions.

We did a quick survey on Thurs, so far we have 7 who would be prepared to invest 40euro each. Have a think about it and let either myself or Ronan know if you’re interested in being a part owner. No pressure, entirely up to yourself.

The decisions on design and size will be agreed by all who invest when we know how much is in the kitty.

Come On You Spurs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'd probably be interested.

Do you have any ideas on the designs yet ?

An image I knocked up quickly. Jeez i really have too much time on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Very nice Rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

RichMc70 wrote: »
    An image I knocked up quickly. Jeez i really have too much time on my hands.

Good effort :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brozio

We were chatting about this after the game in Thursday.

You probably notice that when Spurs play away in Europe there’s always a huge number of Spurs flags on show in the away end. Also where ever the boozing is being done before the game (usually town squares) the flags come out again and look superb. (I think Ronan previously posted a few photos of Braga last year which shows this kinda thing in full swing)

Anyway, we were thinking about how great it would be if we could get a massive Irish/Spurs flag made for these kind of occasions.

We did a quick survey on Thurs, so far we have 7 who would be prepared to invest 40euro each. Have a think about it and let either myself or Ronan know if you’re interested in being a part owner. No pressure, entirely up to yourself.

The decisions on design and size will be agreed by all who invest when we know how much is in the kitty.

Come On You Spurs
    what kind of student disccount will you be offering?:D

• Advertisement

brozio wrote: »
    what kind of student disccount will you be offering?:D

Make an offer - Open for discussion :)

If the general feed back is very positive 40 quid will probabally be too much per head. Time will tell.

We'll need to get prices Shane, but I've heard upwards of £400 (think I said same Thursday night).

Remind me of the interest so far?

We'll need to get prices Shane, but I've heard upwards of £400 (think I said same Thursday night).

Remind me of the interest so far?

Us
    Andy
    2 Daves
    Kevin
    Ray

There's a manufacturer on Pearse St.

No problem, reckon we'll get a lot more interest.

You say to Hoops?

John Ruddy another option.

No problem, reckon we'll get a lot more interest.

You say to Hoops?

John Ruddy another option.

Not mentioned it to anyone else but those 2 would probabally be in.

• Advertisement

Lads, I'd seriously be interested as well.

Forget my earlier image posted as I was only messing with an idea at the time. Im sure someone with an artistic nature could come up with with something that really stands out from the rest.

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Lads, I'd seriously be interested as well.

Forget my earlier image posted as I was only messing with an idea at the time. Im sure someone with an artistic nature could come up with with something that really stands out from the rest.

We were thinking about keeping it as simple as possible.
    Irish Flag with "TOTTENHAM" in big black bold letters across the middle.
    The flags says where we're from and the name speaks for it's self.

Open to all suggestions obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Where are yis thinking of getting it done ? Is there specific places that do them ?

Shane has the number of a place in Pearse St, he's gonna ring for a quote.

Talked to a number of people yesterday who recommended no bigger than 12"x6", for a couple of reasons:

1. Weight
    2. Actually getting the flag into decent spots when away from home.

And Mr Tracey (if you're reading)...

Connolly didn't die so you could swan around Sweden swinging the lead! Now get back to that crossroads with your comely maiden...;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,684 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Shane has the number of a place in Pearse St, he's gonna ring for a quote.

Talked to a number of people yesterday who recommended no bigger than 12"x6", for a couple of reasons:

1. Weight
    2. Actually getting the flag into decent spots when away from home.

Sorry to butt in here, but I presume you mean 12'x6' or you'll have a problem of Spinal Tap stonehenge proportions (although going by reactions on the other board, you've already maximised your embarrassment factor).

astrofool wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in here, but I presume you mean 12'x6' or you'll have a problem of Spinal Tap stonehenge proportions (although going by reactions on the other board, you've already maximised your embarrassment factor).

Thanks for the correction. Nice cultural reference.

As for the embarrassment factor? If smallminded arseholes (of the " variety rather than the ' variety ;)) have a problem with it then all the better.

astrofool wrote: »

What a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Heard this crowd are decent lads

http://www.prospect-design.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

count me in boys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

mushykeogh wrote: »
    count me in boys.

me as well!

Try this lot http://www.bannersforall.co.uk/ I know a few lads who got banners made there and they're excellent quality and very lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I am in! COYS!!!!!

Great Site, loads of Spurs designs and an Irish one.

http://www.barmyflags.com/gallery.php

Just checked out the barmyflags site and I agree with Dublin Spur. Great site !

Cheaper than I thought it would be.
    12ft x 6ft for Stg.£70 and then £3 per letter

I reckon you could get the crest with words etc for less than Stg.£200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

We were thinking about keeping it as simple as possible.
    Irish Flag with "TOTTENHAM" in big black bold letters across the middle.
    The flags says where we're from and the name speaks for it's self.

Open to all suggestions obviously.

Maybe I am wrong, but I sure I have seen a few Irish Spurs flags at away games - what will differentiate this one so it is known it is from us on this board?

John W wrote: »
    Maybe I am wrong, but I sure I have seen a few Irish Spurs flags at away games - what will differentiate this one so it is known it is from us on this board?

That why we are asking for design suggestions.
    By the way it doesn't have to be an Irish Flag.
    (For example) It could be a navy & white flag with "Irish Spurs" on it.
    By the way, I can't remember seeing any Irish flags at European away games.

There's a section of the Barmy Flags website that allows you to design your own flag. Have a play with it.

My mate has sent me this idea...

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=6f2c1301-7748-41d7-b32b-6ceff31a6736&Aux=14|0|8CA05E9398C7080|

Possibly a bit elaborate what with all the provincial colours as well but not a bad effort.

I was thinking of a navy blue & white with obvious reference to spurs and possibly a smaller but noticeable tri-colour set against the navy blue and include the cockerel crest.

Do you think we should start a poll from interested persons as to what they'd like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

Lads im in...... I'm a Graphic Designer, if anyone needs it designed up no prob for me to help.... so i take it this is for people who are heading over to games to take it with them?

COYS.....

Exactly sew, but mainly for away games.

My preference would be for something very simple TBH. I beginning to think a tricolour would look crap with dark writing over it, I'm leaning towards a navy and white tricolour layout (navy/white/navy) with something simple like Irish Spurs (in navy) written on the white section.

Maybe the club crest on one of the navy sections and a white harp on the other?

I reckon the contrast works well:

20060618225205.jpg

20070101192220.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

By the way, I can't remember seeing any Irish flags at European away games.

I have seen many flags at away games - especially this one (think they sell it in the Spurs shop?) We also have one up in our Wexford Supporters Club Pub! Think it is about the 5th or 6th pic down?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055182641

Advertisement