Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Joey Joey....

• 01-12-2007 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

You silly boy. Whether or not you agree with him, generally fans do not like to hear such mutterings...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2935617,00.html
    Joey Barton has warned Newcastle fans they will never see success at St James' Park unless they change their 'vicious' ways.

The midfielder, a £5million summer signing from Manchester City, admits to being shocked by the behaviour of Newcastle supporters.

Barton has also been surprised by the treatment of under-fire manager Sam Allardyce, whose position has been questioned following a run of poor results.

A section of the Newcastle faithful were calling for Allardyce's head during last weekend's 3-0 home defeat to Liverpool, and Barton is not impressed.

Shock

"I have not yet seen the famous crowd I was expecting to hear get behind us," said Barton.

"Instead it has been vicious. I don't think I have heard a crowd that vicious.

"Last Saturday I was sitting on the bench and after 20 minutes I had picked up on it. It shocked me.

"The fans want success and they want it straightaway, but unless they change that mentality and start supporting the side through poor results then things won't change.

Massive change

"Unless there's a massive change, it's going to be the same for this manager, the next manager and whoever comes in after that.

"If it continues, when the manager goes for players, they will go somewhere else rather than jump in the frying pan.

"Sam's a good manager. He's getting the brunt of the criticism but doesn't deserve it. Not many managers can turn a club round in five minutes."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

He's right though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He's right though

He should shut up and concentrate on playing well and sorting Newcastles on field issues. The fans are paying money to see their side do well. Lately they are playign below their standard, so the fans are entitled to let them know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Maybe so but the Newcastle fans are far too hostile towards their team at times. Delusions of grandeur probably has something to do with it. But yeah, his rant probably won't do him much good. Maybe the fans should actually get behind their team instead of just giving out sh*te about it like they always do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Whether he is right or wrong, it was a stupid thing to do. For someone who hates autobiographies, he could probably have filled one by now with the amount of things he has come out and said.

Silly boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yeah he is always in the paper saying something controversial. What a child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

He's right though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Just because he is right does it mean that he has to constantly air his opinions through the media?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

He's right though

yup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

All this will do is just make them more angry and 'vicious'. Especially towards him.

He's right but there is not much you can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Barton is a twat but he's right in this case. The Newcastle fans see themselves as a big club who should be winning trophies left right and centre even though they haven't won a thing since 1955, no league title since 1929 I think. Yet year on year they think they should be winning everything. Allardyce is under presure even though he's only been there 5 minutes, will they ever learn? If they sack Allardyce now they'll be a laughing stock, who do they want as manager Superman? He'd probably turn down the job in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

He's right, the last thing a team in bad form needs is the fans booing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I think this is the first time Joey Barton has ever said or done anything that I agree with. Still, if I was a Newcastle fan I probably wouldn't be too impressed.

Advertisement