Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given the choice - Protools M-Powered or Cubase Studio 4

Options
  • 01-12-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Protools M-Powered or Cubase Studio 4 to rewire Reason 4 into. Which has the best audio engine and is best for mixing purposes. Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'd go for Cubase myself but thats just because I've been used to using it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

All sequencers do pretty much the same thing. The difference in audio quality is practically non existent. What's more important is your ADAT converters if you're recording audio sounds, pre-amps, mics, room treatment, ability. If you're stickign with synths, the quality of your samples and plug ins is paramount to your sequencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

TelePaul wrote: »
    All sequencers do pretty much the same thing. The difference in audio quality is practically non existent. What's more important is your ADAT converters if you're recording audio sounds, pre-amps, mics, room treatment, ability. If you're stickign with synths, the quality of your samples and plug ins is paramount to your sequencer.

I think you mean A/D converters. Adat is a completely different thing altogether.

If you are gonna be doing all the midi stuff in reason then I'd say pro-tools is your best bet. But if you want to do midi in your host sequencer/daw go for cubase. Pro tools is poo at midi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

jtsuited wrote: »
    I think you mean A/D converters. Adat is a completely different thing altogether.

My bad, yes I meant analogue/digital...sorry, late night last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Pro-Tools. Its audio engine is top notch and Reason sounds great when recorded and mixed through it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement