Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have Xbox 360,speakers...what do i need???

• 01-12-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads posted this in Home Entertainment but got no response,hoping someone here might have the answer!
    Basically i have surround sound speakers my brother gave me from an old setup he had and what i want to know is what is the cheapest DVD player i can get with the right connections to enable 5.1 sound on my Xbox 360?
    I just want the cheapest option i can get as i cant blare it loud as normally only play it when kids are in bed!
    Also would i need to buy more cables etc?I have the component cable which i have connected to my HDTV.
    Thanks and hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

What you need is a surround sound amplifier/receiver. The optical coax goes from your xbox cable into this. The speakers also connect to the back of this and then you can have surround sound for all your games.

This is an example of what Im talking about. Basic enough model but will do exactly what you are looking for:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335593

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

bucks73 wrote: »
    What you need is a surround sound amplifier/receiver. The optical coax goes from your xbox cable into this. The speakers also connect to the back of this and then you can have surround sound for all your games.

This is an example of what Im talking about. Basic enough model but will do exactly what you are looking for:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335593

Thanks for that bucks but i was hoping i could get something around the €100 mark:o
    I thought i could get the most bsaic DVD player with the appropriate connections?
    If i tell my wife i was spending that much on surround sound i'd be divorced as much as i'd love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

You are probably better off looking for a home cinema kit so. It will include a DVD player and the speakers but they can be quite cheap. Just make sure it has an optical in connection.

A DVD player on its own wont work as there is no on board amplification but there would be in a home cinema all in one package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

bucks73 wrote: »
    You are probably better off looking for a home cinema kit so. It will include a DVD player and the speakers but they can be quite cheap. Just make sure it has an optical in connection.

A DVD player on its own wont work as there is no on board amplification but there would be in a home cinema all in one package.

Ok thanks for that!

Advertisement