Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A simple Q, re. dog licences!.

• 01-12-2007 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Why do we need a dog licence, and why not a licence for our other pets?.

My dog, Jericho (a Staffie) is NEVER out alone, or off the lead whereas my cat Sammy wonder's around the neighbourhood day and night *probably* all sorts of nuisense (sp'ing?).

I suspect this is the case with most owner's.

As the licence only costs €12- I'm hardly complaining about the cost, just wondering why a licence for a dog and none for any other pet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Its probably becaus dogs have been used for making money and tax man wants his share.Between hunting,racing,guard dogs,search dogs ect they are quite usefull so therefore you shafted by the state.

Heres one - why do we pay a TV licence and you dont need one for your radio ? yet it states that you need a licence for a device the is capable of recieving or transmiting a signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

well, as far as I know it's law for horses to have a passport too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

don't say a word about it, I am sure the goverment just have not thought of it yet, but as soon as they do, we will be getting a licence for each fly to come in the window during summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

2qk4u wrote: »
    Its probably becaus dogs have been used for making money and tax man wants his share.Between hunting,racing,guard dogs,search dogs ect they are quite usefull so therefore you shafted by the state.

Heres one - why do we pay a TV licence and you dont need one for your radio ? yet it states that you need a licence for a device the is capable of recieving or transmiting a signal.
    Totally OT, but you need a TV licence for a radio too...

Back on topic, I wouldn't have any issue with having a licence for any pet. IF you're serious about pet ownership then paying for a licence is the least you can do.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pnq96W9jtuw

Advertisement