Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilroys I.T course

Options
  • 01-12-2007 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm thinking of doing an I.T home study course with Kilroys collage based in Dublin. The course is costing 695e but I want to know is this a good course to do? I have done the A+ way back in 2003 but I have not worked in I.T since I did this course. I really wanted to do this kilroys course to brush up on my skills as it is supposed to be a very practical course. Also I want to try and go out on my own as a sole trader.

Heres an link to the course I wanna do. http://www.kilroyscollege.ie/course.php?courseid=12

So what do you think?

Tomy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

PC repair in itself, is just to me based on experience and using Google... I dont think its worth it.

Since you did the A+ you would be fairly familiar with all this stuff anyways. I just learnt to do all that stuff by plugging away with my own pc when it broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Looks to me like a thinly disguised A+ course as it is - bit of a waste of money.

I agree with Ginger - hands on experience is worth a lot more once you have the basics and there's a wealth of (free!) information out there on the web.

Did notice they do the A+2006 though might be a better option

BTW had to laugh when I saw this as the final part of the A+ course:

Part 8 - Communication and Professionalism

* Unit 1 - Use good communication skills including listening and tact / discretion, when communicating with customers and colleagues
    * Unit 2 - Use job-related professional behavior including notation of privacy, confidentiality and respect for the customer and customers property

If only they did! I know quite a few guys that skipped this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't see the point either. Get a bunch of old PC's togther all of different makes and models. Upgrade them and build a network. That would be more useful.

Advertisement