Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database design tool for MSSQL

Options
  • 01-12-2007 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

What is the best design tool for design databases in MSSQL? Have identified the entities and relationships. Have all the attributes and a good idea where they are to go.

I now need to move from this abstract model to design the physical layer at this stage.

Any tips much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

Microsofts own SQL Server Management Studio has a diagramming tool that is usable.

It is probably not the best but it is free in the express edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

If you are using MSSQL, then just draw a DB diagram (as leachim described) and that can allow you to design it that way, including the referential integrity

Also if you are using VS2008 there is ADO.NET Entity Framework that you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Cheers lads. Whilst searching I discovered that Toad cater for MSSQL as well as Oracle which I'm used to. Trying it out now.

Advertisement