Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using picture to get haircut...

• 01-12-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Ok the thing is I want to get a specific haircut, but I have no way of describing it other than bringing in a picture. The problem is I find something a bit awkward about brining in someones picture and flaunting it to the hairdresser.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

im the same way but if its a specific hairstyle you're better off just bringing it in. lots of ppl do it and it helps the hairdresser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

It's totally acceptable these days it seems! I brought in two photos cut fomr a magazine when I went to get a restyle (I wanted the fringe of one and the layering of the other!) and the hairdresser was great in doing what I wanted. Go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

It's what I've been doing for the past years! I have collections of pictures of hairstlyes I like, just pic one out when I want a new style, bring it in to my hairdresser and away we go. Hairdressers actually prefer having a pic in front of them to work from rather than a vague description from a client, least with a pic they have something solid to work with! And if your hairdresser knows you well enough s/he'll be able to work with the style and alter it slightly to more suit you! Hence why I always go to the same guy! Even travel from Dublin to Wexford for him now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Just bring it in. For my last haircut i got the hairdresser to pick out some cuts from their style book that might suit me and I just picked my fave and it worked out AMAZINGLY well! Dont be shy, at the end of the day its your hair after all

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

bring it in, at least then they have something solid to work from.

• Advertisement
Advertisement