Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for wireless router for satellite modem?

Options
  • 01-12-2007 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a wireless router for a satellite internet connection. I recently got my ip changed to a static ip by my isp and my router(netopia 2247 which is an adsl router but had got working for wireless) won't work anymore for wireless, even with appropriate settings put in and I couldn't be arsed spending hours upon hours trying to get it running, as much as the cheapo in me hurts to say that. I want one as well that I can use for wireless with a Nintendo Wii and Ds, buffallo make the wireless adaptor for them and I've read their routers are good for connecting with them as well. Any recommendations?

Cheers, Eamonn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

You have a modem for the sat connection? then wont any Wireless router work?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

The satellite modem will have a RJ-45 ethernet connection. this feeds into the Internet port of a BROADBAND router, NOT ADSL. The Internet port will be (going by a digiweb setup I saw) more than likely set to DHCP and will get the static IP from the modem.

From there you can setup your local network to share the internet between PCs/laptops etc.

A Linksys WRT54G would do the job nicely.

Advertisement