Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 CM PC Fan

Options
  • 01-12-2007 3:55pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a 4cm PC fan (2 pin) ?

The only ones I see online are three pin, I can get them from US websites but the cost of post is crazy any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

XJR wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a 4cm PC fan (2 pin) ?

The only ones I see online are three pin, I can get them from US websites but the cost of post is crazy any suggestions welcome.

Why do you need a 2 pin fan ? Whats the reason ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

ricka05 wrote: »
    Why do you need a 2 pin fan ? Whats the reason ?

the "socket" on the board is two pin, though maybe its possible to get 3 to 2 pin adapters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

hi op.i have a fan that i got 4 a mobo.its 4cm but it has a 3pin.only two of the 3pins are used so might fit.
    as what was asked what you need it 4?
    you can have 4 free if it fits your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

3 pins means that you can monitor speed. 2 pins means its always full wack. And a 3pin will fit a 2pin, you might have to cut off a small bit of plastic though. But its completly safe and takes 2 seconds.

www.pc-look.com have loads of these.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

game4it70 wrote: »
    hi op.i have a fan that i got 4 a mobo.its 4cm but it has a 3pin.only two of the 3pins are used so might fit.
    as what was asked what you need it 4?
    you can have 4 free if it fits your needs.

my mb has a daughterboard with a 4cm fan that needs replacing - not sure what the board is.

Cheers for the offer I finally got two at www.quietpc.com and shiping was reasonable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement