Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E51 availability in Ireland?

• 01-12-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Does anyone know if and when the Nokia E51 will become available here through Irish operators? It's been available for a couple of months elsewhere but there are no mentions of it with the local operators or even with sim-free vendors over this side.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭dohouch

It is now mentioned on Expansys.ie at €359.
    Don't think that it is readily available anywhere else as I've been tracking it on some big net shops "technikdirect.de" and have spoken to them twice on phone , and was told they weren't even sure to have it before Christmas. There are some Ebay German shops that have it at 289 +30 with Paypal, only option for us.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭trant

In stock now at eXpansys, €385 incl delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

I've been waiting for this phone to be released for the past six weeks. It looks like an excellent kit, and not too heavy on (in my opinion) needless multimedia features.

I followed it on amazon.co.uk, and they changed their release date three times, the most recent release date being 6th December. It now is stating no lead time, only an option to sign up for notification. Good to see Expansys have it in stock.

It's already been released in Germany, and also Australia on the Telstra network. It looks like an excellent handset, and with a bit of luck it will be here in the new year, as it's unlikely that the Irish networks will introduce a new handset (especially one aimed at business users), with their Christmas ranges already set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 michael_d

I bought one last X'mas in Poland for €250 with 1GB memory card:eek:
    phone is brand new and sim free.. Every mobiles are really cheap there!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mmmm...

I am interested in this phone too - but just not yet. I asked in the Carphonewarehouse in Enniskillen at the weekend and they have it SIM free for 199 pounds. That's about 270 yo-yos.

Unfortunately they hadn't them in yet but he was able to take order if I wanted. I declined. I'm sure other CPW outlets in North would probably have it.

So a trip across the border might be an idea...obviously ring first to save wasted journey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

expansys.ie has the e51 for 310 euro, or with a 4GB flashcard for 330 (worth it? - probably.)
    technikdirekt.de has it for 281.
    komplett.ie has it for 299 (black) or 289 (white.)

Tempting!

The gf got herself a 6120 and it's not bad at all - the e51 looks to be more or less the same + WiFi...

I got this email from o2 Ireland stock control yesterday

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in the o2 online store.

The Nokia E51 should be available online from early March.

Kind regards,

Hopefully it will be on track for release then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Waiting for the silver one to be out sim free myself.

if anybody buy E51 let us know where bought and made.. in finland or china:D

Gekko wrote: »
    Waiting for the silver one to be out sim free myself.

Looks like it is already on expansys.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭dohouch

I was interested in this phone and had one in my hands recently, in a Nokia shop in Spain.
    For me this is a very,very slim phone. I found the button area,size very tight.

So anybody out there with fingers,hands on the large size I would advise trying one out before buying.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

dohouch wrote: »
    So anybody out there with fingers,hands on the large size I would advise trying one out before buying.
    i using this nokia almost 3 months don't have any problem with messaging lol
    my hands are BIG!!:D02022008su5.th.jpg

juvenal wrote: »
    Looks like it is already on expansys.ie?

Yep I know. i can get it a bit cheaper than that but they only have black at the moment, so just waiting for silver to come in stock

i had all 3 colors /black,silver,cherry/ in my hand. Silver one looks smaller :rolleyes:

but you'll see a lot of fingerprints on it:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

See in SBP today that Vodafone are releasing it this month starting at 109 euro

richieg wrote: »
    See in SBP today that Vodafone are releasing it this month starting at 109 euro

I presume this is on pre-pay monthly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I would say so
    No idea what it would be on PAYG

I saw an O2 Business brochure today with the Indo, and it lists the E51 at €107 ex. VAT.

That would make it €129 inc. VAT, so hopefully we'll see it in the next week or two on pre-pay for personal customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Its available in O2 shops Now

onedmc wrote: »

Any idea on price/plans/colour;) ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

onedmc wrote: »

I don't see it on their web site yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭martin1016

Just got a silver one today - its a second private phone as my daily business one is a SE P990i, from the first few hours it won't replace the SE but it looks like it will fit with how I want to use it.

First impression -
    Looks nice, very slim and light.
    Number buttons are fine but the navigation ones are small and take a little getting used to when compared to the SE
    Set up my POP3 mail servers (only one account yet) and it worked with no problems.
    Installed the PC suite - newer version available online and sync'd my 800 contacts, very easy to do. All details downloaded fine.
    Picks up the Wi-Fi in the house really quickly.
    Need to get familiar with the menus a little more.
    Overall - no complaints so far, haven't removed the protective plastic from the screen or camera lens yet in case I decide to return it but at €123.00 I think I'll stick with it.

If you have any questions, I'll try to anwer them as best I can but I am not an expert - just know what I want it to do and once it does that I am happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

Any idea on price/plans/colour;) ?!

In o2 only in black, no silver seem to be had

They had it available in phone shop in Lucan (O2). Not on display yet for some reason. Only in black. 150 euro for Active Life 40 and 120 euro for Active Life 150 I was told.

too expensive mobiles for monthly plans in ireland :(
    check out other european countries eg. €1 nokia n95 etc....

109 euro in O2 Blanchardstown if you switch network to O2 (Active Life 40)
    Totally agree Michael. Ireland gets fleeced from the networks in comparison to other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tobia

Got the E51 as Upgrade with O2. Happy with it at the moment, the only thing that i don't like is that you cannot add smilles in the txt body.
    By the way if anybody here knows where I can download them that woould be great.

It's now available in o2 Ireland's online store from €69 upwards depending on plan and previous provider.

Nokia E51

Has anyone got the silver one?

I would like to get this, although I'm not sure what I'll get if I order online as there's no preference.

• Advertisement

Got a silver one from o2 last week.

Very impressed. The WiFi is excellent. I've installed Fring, which is a client that carrys Skype/Gmail/AIM/MSN etc and enables you to be logged into your IM accounts over the GPRS/wireless network. I was sitting watching tv the other day and the phone started ringing, it was my sister calling me Skype-to-Skype! :D

Battery life is about 1.5 days at present,but I'm constantly browsing and using internet applications so it's expected. It's very slim, perhaps a little taller than I expected, but I'm very pleased overall.

I'm quite a way off my next upgrade, so have just ordered a silver E51 from Expansys.

2 reasons: the exchange rate is good at the moment and I don't have to pay vat.

yay

I've installed Fring, which is a client that carrys Skype/Gmail/AIM/MSN etc
    I can't install any skype from their website :(
    there are 2 files: Skype2.2 for Windows Mobile and Skype2.2 for Smartphone
    and both of them want works..
    How did you get the right one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Getting this at the start of next month. Can't wait. Was going to be this or the N95 8gig but I want a more compact phone, plus it's about 200e cheaper.

:mad: the sods at expansys won't let me use my friend's vat number. grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Have a quick question for anyone with this phone.

Can I install some VOIP software and do VOIP (Blueface) calls over WiFi?

Would be very handy for travelling abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

SachaJ wrote: »
    Have a quick question for anyone with this phone.

Can I install some VOIP software and do VOIP (Blueface) calls over WiFi?

Would be very handy for travelling abroad.

Check out www.maxroam.ie cheap and easier then VOIP

now lads :) available in Vodafone €269 (pre-paid) - black one
    online price is €259+€80 call credit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Very tempted by the vodafone one, but I know I'll kick myself if a month later nokia release the e71 ('update' for e61 )?! Any word on that one?

Advertisement