Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designer needed for calendar.

Options
  • 01-12-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=1929

the calendar and idea behind it, mate of mine organised this and is paying for the printing off them but printer wants good few quid for designing the templates.

So i asking here for someone nice to do it for free (checked with mods 1st :o

straight forward design a4 page with pic on top and next years calendar underneath its going to have a cover page with image and then 6 pages, each page with one month front and back (cheaper to print)

all proceeds go to Debra Ireland and Simon Community. in total 2 grand or so.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

HI KdjaCL,

You want to be sure that this is approached correctly by whoever helps you out here. I'm the lead designer in a print company - one of the biggest pains in the ass is someone promising to come in with 'artwork' which turns out to be unfit for print. It will end up causing more hassle/expense to correct than if you pay the professionals to do it in the first place.

Whoever is doing it needs to:
    lay it out in indesign/quarkxpress (or worst case illustrator) - definitely not in photoshop/publisher/word/etc...
    Ensure all photographs are at least 200dpi & cmyk.
    Use vector versions of logos/graphics if available
    Setup the artwork with 3mm bleed where appropriate.
    Keep important text etc at least 3mm in from trim line (think of it as inverted bleed)
    Have the ability to provide a press ready pdf (1.4) file for print.

h.t.h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thanks for the reply, didnt know there was that muhc involved :o

untitled.JPG

i did that in ms paint so can see why i need help doing it :)

kdjac

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So your looking for a calendar design to incoroperate the pics?

I hate to say it, but I cant see you getting it done for free. Maybe at a good price, but there is a bit of work involved in making sure its ready for printers etc.

Freelancers normally give such work away at good prices, or other companies if there names on it.

You could get a few sponsors? Each month is sponsored by a company? Helps raise money to get the job done properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sully wrote: »
    So your looking for a calendar design to incoroperate the pics?

I hate to say it, but I cant see you getting it done for free. Maybe at a good price, but there is a bit of work involved in making sure its ready for printers etc.

Freelancers normally give such work away at good prices, or other companies if there names on it.

You could get a few sponsors? Each month is sponsored by a company? Helps raise money to get the job done properly?

how much would you charge ? :D

tbh my mate paying for printing so i could pay for design but printer is giving us 50% off for his logo to be on it which is fair enough, designer can have the whole back page if he wants :D

it is for charity :o

kdjac

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you want I can come up with a price for you? Id give a discount it being a charity and you being from Boards.

But a sponsership per page seems like a nice idea? Just a thought :) Saves you in the long run?

• Advertisement

Done this project for the OP - we designed the calendar and he got it printed himself, so am waiting for my own copy to arrive :)

Since all money goes to charity, might be nice to buy a couple of the OP? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

got a low res digital version online ? assuming OP is ok with that :) ?

forbairt wrote: »
    got a low res digital version online ? assuming OP is ok with that :) ?

Its available on our portfolio at http://www.aitsolutions.ie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Looks well....

The image quality was to poor to do a normal calendar with, so we were not left with a lot of options. Think though, in the end it turned out well :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement