Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working conditions project

Options
  • 01-12-2007 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi

im doing a short project on the difference in working conditions between a company in the public sector and a company in the private sector.

im thinking of mentioning how a job in the public sector is more stable and secure than one in the private sector, and also companies in the private sector are more profit-focused and the work may be more pressurised there.are these valid points? any other suggestions?

id appreciate any help

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

hmm, not sure about the more pressurised bit. usually in private sector you are working for profit. In public sector although you are more secure you may be working on much more 'important' and serious issues. So although you may not have the 'must do well or I will be fired' pressure, you have the 'it's vital that I do a great job as a public service pressure'.

Otherwise, I think you will have to break it up into public sector, 'old private sector'(banks, unionised large businesses etc) and new private sector.

Imo a lot of larger old organisations in the private sector and much close to the public sector in pay and conditions than they are to newere private sector companies.

Advertisement