Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lighthing in Galway

Options
  • 01-12-2007 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Very Bad in Ballybrit at the moment,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Yeah its class isnt it. Here i was, studying away, unaware of the thunder and lightning. Then, what da F***. And im up against the wall under the window, not like im staring out at it. Im in the NUI by the way. Hope it stops, ive to head home soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Saw a HUGE flash hit the up around Cappagh Road K'cara:eek: ,then all the lights went out in the area.Incredible purple color ,never saw anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

still going strong here.. heading east too. i'm out taylors hill way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

getting very stormy out Lackagh \ Turloughmore way, Very bad lightening this morning, Power off until about 4 pm,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's great! I'm tucked up in bed trying to study and the flashes are strangely soothing! Seems to be calming now though. I'm in Rahoon area by the way. I'm lucky I did my shopping earlier when it was just windy. (Although if it wasn't for the 5 litre bottle of water I was carrying I'd have blown away!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very very frightening!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

that was the most impressive lightening and thunder I've personally seen in Ireland before.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

best lightning thread ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Aren't you supposed to unplug your modem during lightening? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

that was the most impressive lightening and thunder I've personally seen in Ireland before.

You must be pretty young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

chilly wrote: »

Ha Ha, I just setup a wireless router tonight. All i could hear was thunder in the background and hailstones hitting the window. :eek:

You must be pretty young.

and a heavy sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We were just leaving Padraicins when it started; lightning, thunder and rain mixed with hail. Had to wait in the car while the worst blew over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

one of the heavy showers coincided with me standing outside work smoking without a coat. i hate wet galway.

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    one of the heavy showers coincided with me standing outside work smoking without a coat. i hate wet galway.

haven't you figured out by now that when it's not raining it's going to soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

chilly wrote: »

Years ago in the days of Dial up there was lightning back home, we didnt unplug out modem, lightning came down the line, into the PC and burnt the modem. Actual black burn marks. Twas cool

Advertisement