Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought from EBuyer.com?

Options
  • 01-12-2007 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Thinking of purchasing a few things from them.. and i've sorted out the Eire postcode (used IRE123).. so i'm just wondering if anyone has used them before?

Any good/bad stories?

They say your address has to match the address on your card, but obviously IRE123 wont be in my address on my card so will there be any problems? I might used Google Checkout to buy off them..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Haven't used them myself but see that they do ship to Ireland at least.

Their shipping is calculated on both the value & weight of the order & they charge a £6 Sterling sure charge on top for deliveries to southern Ireland.

As with all purchases from the USA, be careful to check if you are going to be liable for import duty/Tax at the point of receipt.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

One word. Import tax :(

Well thats two, but ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Import Tax? Aren't they a UK company? All prices are in Sterling and their site says "EBuyer operates a warehouse in Howden, East Yorkshire, UK."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote: »
    One word. Import tax :(

Well thats two, but ya know.

there UK anti.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

They certainly seem good value. Maybe not as good as the german sites, but then you don't have the language barrier hassle. On a par with Scan.co.uk and Overclockers.co.uk I would say. And waaay better than the Irish sites. Thanks for the link.

• Advertisement
Advertisement