Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Drinking Venues

Options
  • 01-12-2007 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I am a drinker, but sometimes in the evening I want to meet people and not have it revolve around drinking. But after 6pm there aren't really that many places to go.

So here are a few on my list.
    Joy of Coffee in Temple Bar
    Starbucks (not too fond of...but it is open til 10)
    Bewleys...though I'm not too sure what time it's open til if you just want a cup of coffee.
    Cafe Moka, South William Street...also the Metro and the one in between, not sure what it's called.

Any more ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

The Starbucks in Borders in Blanch is great - its a fab bookshop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

I'd love to find a coffee place that would open until about 11 and would let me organise a few musical acts...that would be so much fun. Anyone know anywhere in and around Dublin city centre? Even if we had to book it as a venue and pay...

I organised a Halloween music n comedy gig in Bewleys Grafton street recently but it was very expensive...around 180 for the venue with maximum capacity of 50 (very strict). I could do it again, but I'd need to charge in.

Would anyone be up it?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

these kind of places are much needed around the country.there is a nice place in cork called tribes i think.open till 11 or later i think.nice food and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    these kind of places are much needed around the country.there is a nice place in cork called tribes i think.open till 11 or later i think.nice food and coffee.

where abouts in Cork is that ie: which street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Tuckey Street, jusrt down by Fast Eddies club on the street connecting Grand Parade to Beamish Brewery running parallel to Bishop Lucey Park. Hillbilly's is at the corner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement