Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL blocking sites?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Horray, it's fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

anthonymcg wrote: »
    Horray, it's fixed.

Eh? I still can't connect from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

moriez wrote: »
    I never had a reply from them after e-mailing them. Awful bunch a [EMAIL="w@nkers"]w@nkers[/EMAIL]

I spoke to a Customer Care Rep (Ha!, That's a laugh..customer care). Anyhow, she confirmed that many other people have complained about not receiving replies to emails. She suggested that I simply call instead.

Of course, it took several mins to get through to customer care, then a further 8 mins on hold with broken hold music before I finally got through....to their digital tv support line. Aaaaaarrrggghh. On my second attempt I was told that there was nobody available to help me as they are understaffed and there is a recent & large increase in calls. A promised call-back has never materialised. That's a total of 49 lies they've told me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

result.

I emailed my complaint some time ago citing 3 grievances

1. low speed
    2. blocked site
    3. outages

no response via email surprisingly enough, and on hold on phone for too long. So, I got on to ComReg who took up the complaint on my behalf. bada-bing, about 2 hours later i have a voice mail and today I have a further call apologising and saying that due to outages/site blockages that I will have this reflected on my next bill.

I'm waiting on another call to confirm details later today.

I suggest you all escalate your complaints from emails to which they dont respond to other channels.

hilariously I was told they have NO backlog of emails in any complaints dept :rolleyes:

at least they admitted the site problem - "Im sorry but our filter was set to strict so you were not receiving access to certain sites" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

00sully wrote: »
    result.

I emailed my complaint some time ago citing 3 grievances

1. low speed
    2. blocked site
    3. outages

no response via email surprisingly enough, and on hold on phone for too long. So, I got on to ComReg who took up the complaint on my behalf. bada-bing, about 2 hours later i have a voice mail and today I have a further call apologising and saying that due to outages/site blockages that I will have this reflected on my next bill.

I'm waiting on another call to confirm details later today.

I suggest you all escalate your complaints from emails to which they dont respond to other channels.

hilariously I was told they have NO backlog of emails in any complaints dept :rolleyes:

at least they admitted the site problem - "Im sorry but our filter was set to strict so you were not receiving access to certain sites" :rolleyes:

Fair play to ya. Could I go to Comreg about NTL blocking Soulseek do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

John_Mc wrote: »
    Fair play to ya. Could I go to Comreg about NTL blocking Soulseek do you think?

why not? although it may be in their terms of service that they can rightfully block such applications - I didn't even mention the torrent throttling as a complaint.

haha listening to ray darcy in work - been slating NTL for the last half an hour! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Innov

I still can't access netvibes/bebo. I checked the my IP with this - http://www.webkittools.com/tools/browser-details-tool/ but still no luck.

I am now using www.navlai.com which is not blocked.

Hope this helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Seriously old thread alert!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement