Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Bill/prepay

• 01-12-2007 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My mam is on bill with o2,

Was thinking of getting her a nice new phone for christmas,

Can I get her a speakasy phone, will the sim be compatible?

Or will it only accept Speakeasy sim cards.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

As long as she has an o2 sim card it will work.

To be honest it might be worth trying to find out from your mum if she's due an upgrade or anything first though, prepaid phones are more expensive so you may be able to get her a better phone for the same money if she has an upgrade due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Wellyj, if your 18 or over you could be added to the account as an authorised contact - you'd be able to sign for upgrades then, so you could use her upgrade and pay whatever the price is? Just means whilst your mam will figure your getting her a phone she won't have to know exactly what, meaning there will be still some element of surprise. Of course thats all assuming your mam is happy with o2 and wants to renew her contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

neilled wrote: »
    Wellyj, if your 18 or over you could be added to the account as an authorised contact - you'd be able to sign for upgrades then, so you could use her upgrade and pay whatever the price is? Just means whilst your mam will figure your getting her a phone she won't have to know exactly what, meaning there will be still some element of surprise. Of course thats all assuming your mam is happy with o2 and wants to renew her contract
    This is not true unless it's a business account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

you sure?

o2 cust care told me that it was acceptable for an authorised contact to sign for an upgrade the other day (on a personal account).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah I'm set up as an authorised contact on both my parents accounts as neither of them know anything about what they should do with there phones etc so I look after it instead.

• Advertisement

you sure?

o2 cust care told me that it was acceptable for an authorised contact to sign for an upgrade the other day (on a personal account).
    It's not unless something has changed in the month since I last checked. If this is the case then I stand corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

When I got a new phone for my mother ages back, I got an upgrade on my dad's one for €15 and paid for it with his credit card. So you can probably get away with just signing the delivery docket as if you were the mother, unless you look under 18. I did this when I ordered the DVR from NTL, and when I ordered a laptop for my brother, I just signed as my dad. I had his permission of course since he's away a lot with work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you sure?

only on business accounts, on personal accounts it has to be the registered owner of the phone as its tying you into another contract

When I got a new phone for my mother ages back, I got an upgrade on my dad's one for €15 and paid for it with his credit card. So you can probably get away with just signing the delivery docket as if you were the mother, unless you look under 18. I did this when I ordered the DVR from NTL, and when I ordered a laptop for my brother, I just signed as my dad. I had his permission of course since he's away a lot with work.
    What you get away with and what you're allowed to do don't always match.

Advertisement