Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notes on the Mozart piece for Leaving Cert

Options
  • 01-12-2007 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hullo there, I have my Christmas Music exam on Monday and we're being examined on the Mozart piece. I am calling it the Mozart piece because I don't even know what it's called. In fact, I've been to about three music classes and am pretty fecked for this exam. So does anyone know of any online resources for LC notes on each movement of this work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I almost brought my music notes home with me yesterday, I could have scanned them for you... I can send you a recording of the concerto if you need one, though.

All you need to know is the following:
    The first movement is long, and kinda boring. It's in Sonata form with a double exposition, if I recall correctly.
    The second movement is AMAZING, it's in F sharp minor, it's ternary form and it's lovely.
    The third movement is in Sonata-Rondo form which makes it really quite confusing, but it's "sparkly".
    Oh, and it's K488 in A Major.

And now you're set. : p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I almost brought my music notes home with me yesterday, I could have scanned them for you... I can send you a recording of the concerto if you need one, though.

All you need to know is the following:
    The first movement is long, and kinda boring. It's in Sonata form with a double exposition, if I recall correctly.
    The second movement is AMAZING, it's in F sharp minor, it's ternary form and it's lovely.
    The third movement is in Sonata-Rondo form which makes it really quite confusing, but it's "sparkly".
    Oh, and it's K488 in A Major.

And now you're set. : p

Aren't you doing a different course to me? o_0?

Thanks Candy I'll check those links out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Someone please simplify for me Sonata Form..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Introduction
    Exposition
    Development
    Recapitulation
    Coda

Basically. Normally the development is in a different key, and the exposition frequently contains modulations to the dominant (perhaps the second subject), whereas in the recapitulation it'll tend to stay in the original key without modulating. If I recall correctly.

The first movement in the mozart has a double exposition because the orchestra first does it, and then the piano comes in and repeats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sound! Nowhere online for tips on Seachanges and Beatles :(

Advertisement