Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asp.net and JSP interoperability

Options
  • 01-12-2007 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an interesting scenario I am attempting to cater for and wanted to canvas any opinions people may have:

I have an Asp.net application written in C# which needs to interact with a jsp web application. The interaction involves a number of web page interactions between the applications .

These interactions (Requests\responses) will occur using information the user will have entered during an initial step. They will trigger an event and the interactions between the servers will occur in the background.

One complication is that the jsp app requires a login and state management of the session between the servers.

My proof of concept
    I have a proof of concept working whereby I use the webrequest object to create a request and login to the jsp. I then store the jsessionid cookie returned and add this to all subsequest requests between the servers as a header.

This works but is there a better way?

Is there a way to host the jsp site within .net? I don't think so but maybe someone has seen one?

The reason I did not just let the users access the site directly is that I would "like" them to remain within our application rather than "encourage" them to use an outside site.

Lastbuilders

Advertisement