Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaving tips

• 01-12-2007 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Us men can always do with help to get the best shave possible.

I'll get the ball rolling with my tip:

Rinse the blade under the hot tap after EVERY stroke. This really helps to
    give the blade maximum access to your face, instead of being clotted with
    bits of hair and foam.

What tips can you offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭tweety28

wel... this ia a womans shaving tip...

never use cold water (eg. cold shower) to shave your legs; goose pimples plus razor blade.... ouch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I shave whilst in the shower, well most of it. I basically do the rough work there and leave the finer points till the I get out of it. I find the hot water in the shower reduces the razor burn I was getting. The constant flow of hot water opens the pours and works just as good as shaving cream. When I get out of the shower I sort out the locks etc.

Only negative thing is: I find out that the blades dont last as long as a normal shave but for the better results I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I shave 3 times a week using gillette blue disposable razors which i find gives me a smooth clean shave .I get 5 in a pack and get at least 3 ,4 shaves from each razor so that works out at about 16 -20 shaves over 4 weeks, and at £1,99 a pack good value . :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hot water opens the pores, makes it easier to shave.
    cold water after shaving helps close them up.

always go with the grain, even for the neck.

for the face i find doing small circular motions work great to getting a close shave but be careful and if you're careless you'll have lumps off your face in no time.

writing this reminds me i need to shave :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Need to shave myself.

Short strokes work best.

When drying your face after, dab the towel on your face, don't rub it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

Cremo wrote: »
    for the face i find doing small circular motions work great to getting a close shave but be careful and if you're careless you'll have lumps off your face in no time. :p

Dont think I could do that without cutting the face off myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

A Gillette Blue 2 with Ultra grip, straight after a shower with good hot water and shaving oil like Total shaving solution, best shave everr! I hate shaving though and if I had the money I would gladly get laser treatment so I never have to shave again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

enner43 wrote: »
    Dont think I could do that without cutting the face off myself!
    it also works best if you use a clear shaving gel so you can actually see what your shaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Haven't had a wet shave in years n years. I used to get a rash because I have sensitive skin (aww) I put moisturiser on but it was still the same. Anyway, spent about €40 on a hair clipper what must be about 5 years ago now and I use that to trim. I don't know how much I've saved from not buying blades, hundreds I'd say. I work for myself so don't have anyone telling me to scrub up either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I'm a mach 3 man myself. I use the knig of shaves foam, it's very good.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

always shower just before you shave, softening up the hair is what really makes the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Ahh, nuts. I misunderstood the thread title completely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

pff, who needs foam. Razer + face + little water to clean away the amount of hair on the blade = job done.

oh, and i find shaving upwards instead of downwards works well

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

pff, who needs foam. Razer + face + little water to clean away the amount of hair on the blade = job done.

oh, and i find shaving upwards instead of downwards works well

but when you actually have a proper amount of stubble to shave none of this will work anymore. you must either have a face like a babys bum or a leather belt if this is how you shave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hot face towel will really help to open the pores;the hotter the better. Leave it on for 30-45 secs. Much cleaner shave.

Oh, Callum, give yourself another few years, and trying that will burn the feic out of you.

Bloody 16 year olds :p

is that a bet, al? :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Don't. Beards rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Gillette Blue II's and King of Shaves Gel (not foam) it's absolutely brilliant - shaving oils clog up your razor so you don't get half as much out of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

copacetic wrote: »
    you must either have a face like a babys bum or a leather belt if this is how you shave!
    The former ... ;)

looks like one too! :D

• Advertisement

is that a bet, al? :p

Forgot you were a ginger.

rlh.. don't make me nutslap you! (again)

Al, what has that got to do with anything? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Shower,
    Wash Face with again with hot water+facial scrub
    Razor under hot water
    apply King of all shaves oil
    apply tiny bit of foam [gel]
    shave down

apply oil+gel again
    shave up

also nothing new, gillette ultra quadro wilkson pro duo 30 blade , dont work, best bet as mention above are disposable ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Against the grain ftw. Gives a much closer shave. Mach 3 for me as well

Advertisement