Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTS Broadband Problems, Limerick Area

Options
  • 02-12-2007 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have wireless broadband from Westnet. It is crap! I pay €35 a month for a service that's marginally better than the old phoneline. My area is not served by wired broadband.
    When I originally signed up, the service was reasonably good. However, the last year has been terrible. And getting worse each week.

Anyone else got good/bad service from Westnet in Limk area??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Westnet do not operate in the limerick area which may help explain things :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

They do operate in the east county area around Caherconlish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Try contacting them ? http://www.westnet.ie/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

And in Newport, just over the border in Tipperary.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Let me make this as clear as I know how:

WestNet do not have any customers in Limerick or Tipperary.

In July 2006 we ceased operations in the midwest region and transferred all customers and assets to the new owner, WTS Broadband. One of the conditions of the transfer was that all customers would be contacted and notified of the change in circumstances - you should have been notified over a year ago that you are not a WestNet customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Thread title changed to reflect ^. MonsieurD, have a search through this forum for previous mentions of WTS Broadband and posts by jbkenn who is the owner of WTS Broadband. As far as I remember he left in a huff promising never to return a month or two ago.

Advertisement