Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonball Z

Options
  • 02-12-2007 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

okay i know it not a typical show that comes to mind when ya think of anime but for nostalgic sake i feel has to be mentioned as it was my first experience of japaneese animation
    kick ass show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chaotic dream

:D DBZ was the first anime i ever watched (not that big a fan of it now though) I used to have a load of trouble remembering everyones name lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I was a big fan when I was a child, I have watched many of them until I was fed-up because they made the stories longer and longer.
    I think I stopped watching at episode 80-90.
    Then the last year I managed to get my hands on all the episodes till the end.
    I watched all of them in about 2 weeks lol.
    I really enjoyed it because I was able to move forward and so :-)
    That was a BIG show in France when it came up.

We were lucky (I suppose) to have all the good Manga precursors in France in the eighties, such Goldorak, XOR (Pre Cursor of the Power Ninja and so), Captain Flame, Ulysse31, Les Chevaliers du Zodiak (Knights of the Zodiak?), Cobra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gummii

I watched it when i was young. Cool anime. :D They're actually makin a film on it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silverwing

It was my favorite show back when I was younger. Well now that I've experienced new shows, or more complexity and maturity I don't like it as much as I used to. I though still find it enjoyable when I'm looking for a good straightforward action anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

loved the shows,playing budokai tenkaichi 3 at the moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I always enjoyed Dragonball too. The story got a bit messed up with the whole Buu saga though... it seemed to contradict itself a lot at that stage...

But the stuff with the androids and Cell was great... and they way the time travel aspect was dealt with was very good.

It's easy to find fault with the plots, but you can't deny how brilliant Toriyama's character designs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

buu saga always annoyed me a bit.
    as for cell saga, Trunks for the win!!!
    gt trunks annoyed the hell outta me,the whole personality change because the bad future never happened,grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I didn't much care for GT at all... it got a little bit interesting with the Baby stuff and the return of Android 17 was cool.... but the rest of it was pretty horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silverwing

I always enjoyed Dragonball too. The story got a bit messed up with the whole Buu saga though... it seemed to contradict itself a lot at that stage...

But the stuff with the androids and Cell was great... and they way the time travel aspect was dealt with was very good.

It's easy to find fault with the plots, but you can't deny how brilliant Toriyama's character designs are.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Watched up until the some way into the Buu saga as a kid(damn Cartoon Network stopped showing it then :P). I loved it at the time, but looking back on it I kinda think the episodes could be condensed a bit...

The whole scene that led up to Goku going Super Saiyan is still great though, that was a :eek: moment for me as a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Watched up until the some way into the Buu saga as a kid(damn Cartoon Network stopped showing it then :P). I loved it at the time, but looking back on it I kinda think the episodes could be condensed a bit...

The whole scene that led up to Goku going Super Saiyan is still great though, that was a :eek: moment for me as a kid.

The whole series could have been done in seventy episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i loved dbz

my favourite show ever

never saw dbz gt ,any good ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fantastic show.

CuLT's favourite shpw, de Nile is not just a river in Egypt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

i loved dbz

my favourite show ever

never saw dbz gt ,any good ?

The only good part (and rather epic) was near the end when he beat Omega Shenron. "Please, everyone, share your energy with me!"

Advertisement