Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new mazda 6 estate Diesel?

Options
  • 02-12-2007 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi folks does anyone know when the new mazda 6 estate will be available?
    in diesel...

what are mazda diesels like? are the mazda designed engines or bought in?

would it be as good as the avensis 2.0 d4d engine on fuel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what_car wrote: »
    hi folks does anyone know when the new mazda 6 estate will be available?
    in diesel...

what are mazda diesels like? are the mazda designed engines or bought in?

would it be as good as the avensis 2.0 d4d engine on fuel?

afaik, they are the ford engines but I heard a little thirstier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    afaik, they are the ford engines but I heard a little thirstier

No I think they're Mazda's own units. Dunno much about them TBH but seem class competitve - 142bhp from 2.0, low CO2 etc. and supposed to be quiet in the new model. Honest John points out expensive service at 75,000 miles on the old version but I dunno why a timing belt change should be so expensive :confused:
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=608&

Actually, I drove a petrol 6 yesterday (diesels not in yet).
    Don't like the steering wheel in base models, specifically the lack of remote control functions. That's really surprising for a car of this level IMO, 'cos the entry price is steeper than many competitors.

Interior quality is an improvement, although some on this forum will complain 'cos it doesn't look like a VW/Audi. I thought it fantastically nimble for a biggish car. It looks OK on the standard 16'' wheels but personally i'd go for the 18'' of the Sport models. Black maybe not the best colour 'cos it camoflages those tasty front wing bulges a bit(?)

Advertisement