Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking water...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've noticed that the taste has improved today. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Merged another Water related topic (same thing really) with this one.. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's not that expensive. 2 gallon bottles is usually enough per week for the whole family. I mean, you're just having a glass of water. For tea, we just use the normal tap water as it's boiled and the boiling kills off anything harmful. People would spend more on coke or 7up or whatever..

I don't know what planet you live on, my family would easily go through 2 gallons a day ( I myself frequently drink 5 or 6 pints of water in an evening).

We don't by any of that fizzy drink muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I've noticed that the taste has improved today. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it?

I just went back to Dublin. At least you know the water's going to taste off up here. :p

• Advertisement

No it has not improved here. You must be getting desensitised :p .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

Im in waterford and over the past few weeks the water from the taps is not suitable for consumption at all. Its disgusting. And the water in the toilets is discoulered a dirty shade of brown. This has only happened in the last few weeks and its the same story for all the houses on the street. Rang the corporation and they said they must be doing "work" on the water supply.................................................................................................................................useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I don't know if this is related but they've recently started pumping water from the Mahon River to the Ballyshonock Resevior, as the resevior is only half-full. I also know that the pumps down at the Mahon river are only pumping at quater capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats interesting, I was wondering on the weather forum if the lack of autumn rainfall would come back to haunt us.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    I was wondering on the weather forum

There is a weather forum ?? ROFL :p:D .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Advertisement