Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good price or not?

Options
  • 02-12-2007 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a Focus Estate 1.6 TDCI to replace my '00 1.4 Focus Estate. Saw an '05 with 81K miles with a dealer. Said a cash price of €10K with no such warranty or €12k with warranty.
    My only concern is that the mileage is a little high for the year.
    Anybody got opinions regarding the price.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Mileage sounds about right,most of these type of cars are company cars and they are all over the country every day..this car is not a company car!?
    I got a new company vehicle in july of this year and i already have 34k(kilometers) on the clock
    €2000 extra for a warranty is too much,take a chance and do without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I thought you can buy a warranty for a couple of hundred euro??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Aren't they supposed to give at least a standard 3 months warranty included in the price? I thought every dealer had to give a warranty of some sorts. Id expect a 6 month warranty included in the price of any 2 year old car ib be buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If it has a service history go with it, if not avoid. Mileage is not a big issue if the car has been serviced regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

As far as I know its 1 owner, has FSH, It's an Irish car & no HP left on it. That what I was told by the dealer when asked these questions. WIll have to see this in writing first though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get the car checked out top to bottom by a mechanic. If he gives it the thumps up then I would buy it without the warranty. The €2k you save on the warranty can then be put aside towards any unexpected repairs you need.

Advertisement