Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying off a website who do not give worldwide shipping

Options
  • 02-12-2007 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Is there another way? Possible a third party company who order from within the states on your behalf then ship it to you?

I want to buy shoes of www.zappos.com but they only ship to the states and Canada :(

Thanks
    Justin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

jtiernan wrote: »
    Is there another way? Possible a third party company who order from within the states on your behalf then ship it to you?
    Justin

Know nothing about and am not reccomending but have a look
    http://www.ipsparcel.com/intcust.cfm

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I can recommend the following company, have used them for 3 years. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon.com (electrics and clothing) and have it shipped to my US address and forwarded to Ireland, since all shipping costs are in US Dollars its a bargain compared to Irish prices.

http://www.myus.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

Thanks lads :)

jtiernan wrote: »
    Thanks lads :)

You are welcome, another good thing with myus.com is there is an options box which allows you to list the declared value for each package or item. So if you buy something for $500 you can list the declared value whatever you want. Plus if you find a US retailer who will not accept your credit card you can get myus.com to buy it for you, they charge a $10 fee for each order, not item. I have bunch of stuff arriving in my mailbox this week, including a Nintendo DS Lite limited edition, rose coloured, cost $149.99/€100 at amazon and includes a game, people are killing themselves looking Nintendo DS in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

this sounds really good. can you give me a idea of typical shipping costs, eg. if i was buying something that was 15kgs? i looked at the rates but cant figure them out:o thanks

• Advertisement

[Snipped from another post I made]

I looked everywhere for a pink Nintendo DS, then remembered that I had a membership, bought a limited edition Nintendo on Amazon and a bundle of stuff, 8 packages in all. iIt all weighted in at 22 lbs in 2 boxes, so heres a breakdown of the charges.

Weight Costs: $106.10
    Commercial Invoice: $8.00
    Insurance: $10.00
    Packaging: $12.00
    Total Charges $136.10

While shipping is not cheap, in total I spent around €400 on stuff, Nintendo plus game €100, runners €30, Jacket - €40 and more clothing, 2 x womens shoes, office supplies... All these things if purchased in Ireland would easily set me back over €1000. I paid €100 in duty but at the end of the day I'll still saved money, I easily saved over €400. happy camper.

Advertisement