Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

retail park

Options
  • 02-12-2007 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

any one know whats going into the new buildings in the retail park, friend of mine mentioned home base, but beside woodies i cant see it................ just been talking to another friend full of info, bowling alley got knocked on the head with the new one opening in mac donagh junction in feb,meubels from john street is moving out there and county libary is taking over there building, pizza hut wanted to open up too out there just like the KFC in a seperate building but the council in there short sightedness refused, we shoud start a campain to get tesco's to open up there :D loads of parking its out of town its on the ring road no traffic problems (much) away from the very important dunnes (god for bid sales mite drop if tesco were in town) who could object. two guesses on a post card :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I heard rumours of a bowling alley, but then I also heard conflicting rumours that there's one going into citymart whenever the hell that gets going :o

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Argos afaik were to move out from hight st which would make sense to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Argos arent moving out there. Wherever Woodies are anchor tenants in a retail park, they wont allow any other similar retailers to open there. Argos still has another 10 year lease on its building in High st so if it is to open a store outside the town, High st would remain open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Nightwish wrote: »
    Argos arent moving out there. Wherever Woodies are anchor tenants in a retail park, they wont allow any other similar retailers to open there. Argos still has another 10 year lease on its building in High st so if it is to open a store outside the town, High st would remain open.

Unless they sub lease the premises to another business which could be highly likely.

Having worked there, I know they'd keep High St open, even just for the less bulky items.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It would make sense for them to open in a larger premises out of town. If nothing else, it would make it easier for people to get bulkier items to their cars. It would also be nice to have an Argos Extra like they have in lots of other places. Another example of Kilkenny falling behind in the retail stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It'd also be nice to not have that big argos truck clogging high street every day ;)

Its only there at 7am, theres no one around then!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

It's a while since I heard anything but I remember being told that someone (pharmacy i think) was to take over argos, that bank spot that was in the arcade and the space above that in the arcade and merge it all together into a store?
    Seemed like a reasonable thing to do to me anyway.... I'd almost never consider purchasing in argos because of parking.....
    The arcade certainly needs something done to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

Licksy wrote: »
    It's a while since I heard anything but I remember being told that someone (pharmacy i think) was to take over argos, that bank spot that was in the arcade and the space above that in the arcade and merge it all together into a store?
    Seemed like a reasonable thing to do to me anyway.... I'd almost never consider purchasing in argos because of parking.....
    The arcade certainly needs something done to it :D

the owners of the arcade same crowd that own citymart, are after appllying for permission to convert the whole building into one large retail space, when all the smaller shops are moved

• Advertisement
Advertisement