Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw 323i caught

Options
  • 02-12-2007 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

apologies if it was you but you deserved it.

was in the car tonight and a 323i passed me out before newlands cross, lights went red and he stopped. i was in the inside lane, he in the middle lane and a mondeo in the outside lane, anyhow he proceeded to take off really fast and was doing near a 100mph i'd say when i saw the mondeo chase him, the mondeo was a 02d had 1 aerial on it and a well known dealer stciker on it. the bmw was pulled in for speeding but it took the mondeo almost a mile to catch it.

anyhow i just want to say glad you were caught showing off ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Another lesson's giver pfff.
    Go back to the church and leave us alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yes, its seems a bit dumb flying off from the lights with a Mondeo beside them. These unmarked cars are not that difficult to spot due generally to their colour, lack of hubcaps, aerials, blue / white colours and usual >1 males inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Don't forget, always a D reg unless its a personal car.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Not all are 'D' cars either and in ths weather how would he know the reg of a car beside him etc bet he feels a right ass for getting done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

mick.fr wrote: »
    Another lesson's giver pfff.
    Go back to the church and leave us alone.

I'm no saint on the roads, but think that speed is necessary, it was like he was racing everyone at the lights.

it was probably you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

The OP has absolutely no knowledge of how fast the BMW was going only "near 100mph I'd say". What a load of bollocks.

This is story is imaginary.

I was doing 100/105 kph and he he was tearing it down the road, he was out of sight very quickly and about a mile down the road the gardai had him pulled in. he had to be doing 100mph or so to cover the distance he covered so quickly.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just wondering, what exactly is the point of this thread? Someone saw bad driving which was caught by the gardai.
    I see it frequently but I don't see a need for a thread on each one. I frequently see bad driving going unpunished by gardai and again I don't head straight for boards to post about it.
    Strangely, not all those who drive badly are BMW drivers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

kbannon wrote: »
    Just wondering, what exactly is the point of this thread? Someone saw bad driving which was caught by the gardai.
    I see it frequently but I don't see a need for a thread on each one. I frequently see bad driving going unpunished by gardai and again I don't head straight for boards to post about it.
    Strangely, not all those who drive badly are BMW drivers!
    OT, but what was the point of that post:confused: to tell us you don't feel like posting here about bad drivers, some in BMWs?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

what a stupid thread so what if he was caught speeding does it matter he was driving a bmw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

NBar wrote: »
    Not all are 'D' cars either and in ths weather how would he know the reg of a car beside him etc bet he feels a right ass for getting done :D
    *All* state cars are 'D' reg and only display a tax-disc in the windscreen.

The HSE have a few unmarked emergency doctor cars that aren't 'D' regged.

Fair play to the guards for being on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

You better have a good look when out as some have tax and insurance dics displayed :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

You are right about patrol cars (marked and unmarked). Also the HSE do have doctors on call that respond in their own cars with lights and sirens attached.

Surveillance cars attached to the NSU are county registered, displaying dealer stickers, no aeriels, tax and insurance and nct discs, have no blue lights or sirens. You will not know it is a state car/van/truck whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

patrickc wrote: »
    I was doing 100/105 kph

The guards should've pulled you in also so - breaking the speed limit by 5 kms/hr. :D

You have no idea how fast the BMW was going. Guards will pull people over for "accelerating too fast" from the lights in my own personal experience, despite not even breaking the limit.

9 people killed on the roads this weekend OP - they didn't die driving on three lane carriageways I can tell you. :rolleyes:

MarkN wrote: »
    The guards should've pulled you in also so - breaking the speed limit by 5 kms/hr. :D

You have no idea how fast the BMW was going. Guards will pull people over for "accelerating too fast" from the lights in my own personal experience, despite not even breaking the limit.

9 people killed on the roads this weekend OP - they didn't die driving on three lane carriageways I can tell you. :rolleyes:

thats true they didn't

@ KB i just felt like ranting about it last night there's often been worse threads than this in motors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Incorrect. There are unmarked garda cars from the Intelligence Unit that have plates for various different counties in the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Understand the OP frustration, its great to bait these gob-sh**ts.

A fellow road user was driving very close to my bumper one day, a well known speed trap was about 1k up the road, we arrived up to a set of lights and he was behind me revving like mad! the lights turn green I floor it up to the legal limit and drop off to the left driving lane, few seconds later he flys past me with his passenger waving his middle finger out of the window, just as he goes around a long bend on to a waiting speed trap w/garda car.

Was nice to see there faces as I cruised by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

*All* state cars are 'D' reg

not true.

Advertisement