Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change from eircom to smart

Options
  • 02-12-2007 4:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi, i just discovered that smart work out cheaper then eircom

I just signed up on the smart site. can anyone please let me know how long ill be waiting to have bb. I also chose the line rental option and chose to get a new phone number ( i thought this would help speed up the process)

can anyone let me know how long i can expect to wait to be set up, im in the crown alley exchange and will there be a blackout period? also is it up to me to notify eircom im leaving or will smart do it??

thanks very much
    luke

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My brother managed to switch with about 10 minutes downtime (Summerhill exchange).
    I had just short of two months downtime (also on the Summerhill exchange) thanks to all sorts of nonsense from eircom - I would still do it again though to move to Smart.

If eircom start delaying things and messing about, send a registered letter to ComReg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Do you currently have broadband on the line? If you do, then I think you need to cancel that first, otherwise Smart won't be able to do anything. If the broadband isn't already active, then there should be no issue.

Advertisement