Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy banned for thinking Bertie lacks credibility..WTF?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Oh look, a lie. Bear in mind I still have a copy of what you actually said before I edited it.

well that just says it all about you really...pathetic really....and pathetic how when i said right we'll call it quits how you keep it up...which im sure you will after this post, as if to prove the point...well anyways...if ya do keep it up and post once more on this thread about me i'll just delete my account cause ive come to the conclusion that small minded immature people like you, somehow put in a position of moderation, ruin this site...so go ahead punk make my day...

i will say here what i said essentially...and if Bertie comes to sue ya i will take the wrap..hows that...
    But I will paraphrase it so you don't get in a hissy fit about the way it's phrased...

NCB stockbroker guys gave money in the belief it was a political donation. Bertie on the otherhand took the money as a loan...and when the heat came on Bertie, 13 years later, he made an effort to pay the money back...

now thats what i said, translated into simple terms for you....

and i got banned for a month for saying that...

now why dont you look at what was edited out and see if there is a difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lads don't waste your time, I got banned from Politics because I actually read the Tribunal transcripts and posted facts from what the tribunal has stated. However the FF loving Rock Climber jumped into a discussion I was having with Tristrame and Oscar Bravo and gave me a perm ban from politics.

The fact is anyone that has been around here for a few years will remember the crap that was allowed to be posted about Sinn Fein as long as it was stated as opinion however when it comes to Dear Old Bertie the rules are different yet the Mods will do headstands to tell you they are not pro FF or pro Bertie yet it is plain for everyone to see that they have changed the rules and banned posters to protect Bertie and FF.

They will say each banning "seems harsh" but yet stand by each other, the mods all threatened to stop modding politics if the admins overturned my ban.

Have a read of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055148331&page=10 and you will see what I mean. Rock Climber, Oscar Bravo, Gandalf and Tristrame have all backed each other over my ban yet the only reason they could come up with for banning me because I had been warned in the past about my behaviour, yet that warning was actually about PM's and I didn't send any in this case.

But its easier for the mods to ban users than actually discuss the tribunals evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Ibid wrote: »
    However I disagree with you that it's nitpicking. You'd be surprised how many people try to get away with "In my opinion, you're an idiot" or "Allegedly, your mother is sleeping with gandalf" though, admittedly, nobody would sleep with gandalf :D.

Fair enough. Anyone that posts regularly on forums would be used of seeing straw man arguments and logical fallacies. As a moderator, you see all to often, and would come to expect it.

I think if we ever see gandalf with a "yore ma" statement, we should give him a lecture on this - he clearly isn't getting any action from any of our mothers. :p

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

gbh wrote: »
    ...if ya do keep it up and post once more on this thread about me i'll just delete my account cause ive come to the conclusion that small minded immature people like you, somehow put in a position of moderation, ruin this site...so go ahead punk make my day...
    Yay, personal abuse. Big, and clever. What was that about an ugly slanging match?

How exactly do you propose to delete your account?
    i will say here what i said essentially...and if Bertie comes to sue ya i will take the wrap..hows that...
    But I will paraphrase it so you don't get in a hissy fit about the way it's phrased...

NCB stockbroker guys gave money in the belief it was a political donation. Bertie on the otherhand took the money as a loan...and when the heat came on Bertie, 13 years later, he made an effort to pay the money back...

now thats what i said, translated into simple terms for you....

and i got banned for a month for saying that...
    Let's see. You've (in your own words) "paraphrased" and "translated" what you originally posted.

You posted something quite different in Politics, and it got you banned. Whinging and lying here isn't going to change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I was banned from politics for saying that McNally murdered that traveller. He shoots him, then beats him with a stick "like a badger" and then shoots him in the back when he trys to run away. If it's not murder, what is it? A friendly gesture? A hand shandy?

There is no freedom of speech on these forums. There's not even speech on these forums. Just controlled sheep who are afraid of speaking their mind incase they get banned. Like I was banned from the Islam forum for criticising it over the teddy bear fiasco.

I'll stick to the martial arts/boxing forums - because everywhere else is full of rogue moderators, hanging from the balls of power.

• Advertisement

:p
    You posted something quite different in Politics, and it got you banned. Whinging and lying here isn't going to change that.

It certianly ain't because you guys ban who you want for what you want when you want and then throw the toys out of the pram and tell the admins you will all resign as mods if they over rule you.

Your biased towards Bertie whether you admit it or not, plain as the nose .........:rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Shame old ****e from Irish1, up on his cross as usual :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

dlofnep wrote: »
    I was banned from politics for saying that McNally murdered that traveller. He shoots him, then beats him with a stick "like a badger" and then shoots him in the back when he trys to run away. If it's not murder, what is it? A friendly gesture? A hand shandy?

He was acquitted of the murder charge in a court of law. Therefore, legally, you're spreading falsehoods.

gandalf wrote: »
    Shame old ****e from Irish1, up on his cross as usual :rolleyes:

More like the same old ****e from the politics mods, poor auld Bertie don't say a bad word against to him and to think of the sh*te you and rock climber used to say about Adams and SF. Shower of hypocrites who lack the intelligence to discuss the facts so you just ban anyone who has half a brain and can follow the evidence. Roll the eyes all you want but it doesn't cover up your inabaility to discuss the matters.

Stark wrote: »
    He was acquitted of the murder charge in a court of law. Therefore, legally, you're spreading falsehoods.

That is true just like its true Bertie said before the election he got Pounds not Dollars yet the facts proved it could not have been pounds, both facts.

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote: »
    Shower of hypocrites who lack the intelligence to discuss the facts so you just ban anyone who has half a brain and can follow the evidence. Roll the eyes all you want but it doesn't cover up your inabaility to discuss the matters.
    Christ almighty, do you ever get tired of hearing yourself whinge the same old crap over and over and over again?

Do you ever get tired of banning people to protect Bertie?

Or would you like to discuss the facts anywhere, even off boards on a blog somewhere if you like you can even bring Tristrame and Rock Climber if you like.

The title can be "Bertie Ahern Mislead the Public before the General election, Discuss"

Go on I dare ya:D:p

Just because I don't hero worship a pack of thugs who murdered innocents eh Irish1. Adams and McGuinness were and are imho still terrorist scum, but I hold them in higher regard than the hangers on who cheerlead their cause.

You can call FF alot of things but murderers is not one of them. Thats why I hold a distinction between them and Sinn Fein. I don't remember a member of FF blowing a taxi mans brains out on a "mission".

Just because I don't hero worship a pack of thugs who murdered innocents eh Irish1. Adams and McGuinness were and are imho still terrorist scum, but I hold them in higher regard than the hangers on who cheerlead their cause.

You can call FF alot of things but murderers is not one of them. Thats why I hold a distinction between them and Sinn Fein. I don't remember a member of FF blowing a taxi mans brains out on a "mission".
    I don't remember Gerry Adams doing it either, gandalf.

You see thing is I respect your opinion and you are more than entitled to post it imo.

BUT it seems that the same cannot be said about Bertie Ahern, one rule for Sinn Fein and another for Fianna Fail that has been my point Gandalf.

Do you ever get tired of banning people to protect Bertie?
    Answer me this: why, in the name of the Gods, would I want to "protect" Bertie?

You see Irish1 you normally appear to be an intelligent poster so I will spell this out for you. WE ARE NOT TRYING TO PROTECT BERTIE, WE ARE HOWEVER TRYING TO PROTECT BOARDS :rolleyes:

Christ is that so bloody hard to realise.

Actually I no longer have to worry about all this ****e.

Answer me this: why, in the name of the Gods, would I want to "protect" Bertie?
    Ok perhaps I should rephase that, do you ever get tired of backing Rock Climber and Tristrame up after they have banned people to protect Bertie?

You see Irish1 you normally appear to be an intelligent poster so I will spell this out for you. WE ARE NOT TRYING TO PROTECT BERTIE, WE ARE HOWEVER TRYING TO PROTECT BOARDS :rolleyes:

Christ is that so bloody hard to realise.

Actually I no longer have to worry about all this ****e.

My intelligence is far too complex for you to understand Paul :D, you see you say you are trying to protect boards, but you only want to protect it against Bertie and FF not Gerry Adams or Sinn Fein.

I could discuss the FACTS and draw my opinion about them and not put boards at risk at all, that is another fact. Don't you remember asking people in the politics forum to clarify something as their opinion if it may have been deframing someone, however Bertie gets SPECIAL rules?

Yay, personal abuse. Big, and clever. What was that about an ugly slanging match?

How exactly do you propose to delete your account? Let's see. You've (in your own words) "paraphrased" and "translated" what you originally posted.

and here's another lie....you really are a good mod....

i couldn't give a toss if I was banned from politics especially by you...so i aint whinging about it...more im laughing at your attempts to defend the ban...

to be honest i cant remember what i said, it was one sentence a couple of days ago...either pm me what i wrote or post it on here so that other people can make an objective assessment about it...otherwise its your word against mine...and i dont count other mods as objective...

Hmm let me see have Adams or Sinn Fein ever challanged anything said in the print media or on here in court. No, I wonder why that is. Could it be because maybe its true and they know it wouldn't stand up in a court of law. I suppose they could use the excuse if its an British Court that its the law of the occupier or an Irish Court of a country they did not recognise?

No special rules for Bertie at all. If you want I can get some tinfoil sent out so you make a nice little hat as you come up with the conspiracies.

Anyway these things no longer concern me as I stepped down as C-mod of Society yesterday.

• Advertisement

Hmm let me see have Adams or Sinn Fein ever challanged anything said in the print media or on here in court. No, I wonder why that is. Could it be because maybe its true and they know it wouldn't stand up in a court of law. I suppose they could use the excuse if its an British Court that its the law of the occupier or an Irish Court of a country they did not recognise?

No special rules for Bertie at all. If you want I can get some tinfoil sent out so you make a nice little hat as you come up with the conspiracies.

Anyway these things no longer concern me as I stepped down as C-mod of Society yesterday.
    Bertie Ahern told McDowell to have him arrested if he thought he was a member of the Army Council, yet McDowell refused to, I'd guess its probably because it wouldn't stand up in a court of law.

BTW I didn't say anything about Bertie that others haven't said on our national air waves and I don't see any of them being taken to court.

Your hiding behind laws you don't even understand Gandalf all to protect Bertie, if Boards wants to be pro Bertie fair enough but I don't know why they don't just come out and say it instead of pretending to be hiding behind Irish libel laws.

I don't remember Gerry Adams doing it either, gandalf.

You see thing is I respect your opinion and you are more than entitled to post it imo.

BUT it seems that the same cannot be said about Bertie Ahern, one rule for Sinn Fein and another for Fianna Fail that has been my point Gandalf.

agreed...there are threads all over the place about sinn fein and unproven allegations made including a thread about an ongoing investigation into a recent crime in the north...i must check it to see if there are allegations made, inferences, etc..

its just some of the mods are as slippery as eels when it comes to explaining why they ban people...

but trust me i aint into whinging..one mod here keeps saying things and am just replying..when he shuts up about it i will...

Edit: here is one thread with several unproven allegations...and which is subject to an impending court case...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055179297

to be honest i cant remember what i said, it was one sentence a couple of days ago...
    And yet you're absolutely certain that I wasn't justified in banning you for it. Strange, that.

Bertie Ahern told McDowell to have him arrested if he thought he was a member of the Army Council, yet McDowell refused to, I'd guess its probably because it wouldn't stand up in a court of law.

LOL I think you're letting your hatred of Bertie go too far now :p

And yet you're absolutely certain that I wasn't justified in banning you for it. Strange, that.
    Post it so OscarBarvo so everyone can see it.

dlofnep wrote: »

There is no freedom of speech on these forums. There's not even speech on these forums. Just controlled sheep who are afraid of speaking their mind incase they get banned. Like I was banned from the Islam forum for criticising it over the teddy bear fiasco.

I'll stick to the martial arts/boxing forums - because everywhere else is full of rogue moderators, hanging from the balls of power.

Well I guess its a badge of honour to be banned from politics so....

LOL I think you're letting your hatred of Bertie go too far now :p

You see yet again you just ignore the points instead of discussing them.

I'll post the rest that you ignored again:

BTW I didn't say anything about Bertie that others haven't said on our national air waves and I don't see any of them being taken to court.

Your hiding behind laws you don't even understand Gandalf all to protect Bertie, if Boards wants to be pro Bertie fair enough but I don't know why they don't just come out and say it instead of pretending to be hiding behind Irish libel laws.

actually i remember now what i wrote...i think i may just re-write it again...

I think yee should get a legal department to be honest or refer to a lawyer everytime there is something you are not sure about...do you have legal training by the way?? and from what institution...

• Advertisement

Post it so OscarBarvo so everyone can see it.
    Wow, there's a brilliant idea. It wouldn't defeat the purpose of me deleting it in the first place at all at all. No siree bob.

ffs...

Advertisement