Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy banned for thinking Bertie lacks credibility..WTF?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

psi wrote: »
    Your complete refusal to even acknowledge what I've told you (several times) and your early instance or distorting the facts of the incident really make me think the previous mods got it spot on.

you need help...there's something wrong with you...it's only a forum...you'd swear it was really important the way you are getting all riled up...on a scale of 1 to 100 of importance, 100 being most important you rate around about 1 in terms of importance to me and that includes your opinion...unfortunately this thread has attracted all sorts, you being one of them...pity....and the funny thing is you have nothing proactive to say, only wait until someone else talks and then react to it...sad..

Here's 99% of what I said...sadly i can't remember the rest and the mods in question won't help me out...

Bertie took money intended as a donation and put it in his back pocket for personal use..

Now ban me from this thread as well if you wish....i think you may just do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

gbh wrote: »
    Ibid...no-one invited you into this dicussion
    No? :( Am I not allowed participate in threads on Feedback without an invite anymore? :( Now I'm crying. Who invited you, btw?
    now you are proving beyond all doubt that mods stick together with your interventions
    :rolleyes: Ask irish1 if I stick up for mods all the time. Ask some Politics mods who've banned me from that forum in the past.

You're proving beyond all doubt that you're just not listening to my points and assuming I'm biased. You may not be the best person to "merely recount" evidence from the Tribunal so.
    its sad really
    I know it is. I thought everyone was allowed to contribute to threads they're not invited to :(.
    "oh no we don't stick together"
    We've already ascertained that your knowledge of Boards is not as experienced as it could be.
    not that im bothered
    Funny, you said that three days ago and you're still here.
    but yeah its sad and funny how mods back each other when one is challenged...it's like safety in numbers...
    Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. Want some more?

Looking forward to your reply xx

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Now ban me from this thread as well if you wish....

The politics mods can't ban you from Feedback. The admins can though, and they don't need your permission so "if you wish" is redundant.

Ibid wrote: »
    No? :( Am I not allowed participate in threads on Feedback without an invite anymore? :( Now I'm crying. Who invited you, btw?

:rolleyes: Ask irish1 if I stick up for mods all the time. Ask some Politics mods who've banned me from that forum in the past.

You're proving beyond all doubt that you're just not listening to my points and assuming I'm biased. You may not be the best person to "merely recount" evidence from the Tribunal so.

I know it is. I thought everyone was allowed to contribute to threads they're not invited to :(.

We've already ascertained that your knowledge of Boards is not as experienced as it could be.

Funny, you said that three days ago and you're still here.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. Want some more?

Looking forward to your reply xx

The more you deny it the more true it is...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That is by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

Does that mean that you denying your ban is justified, means that the ban is justified?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

you need help...there's something wrong with you...it's only a forum...you'd swear it was really important the way you are getting all riled up...on a scale of 1 to 100 of importance, 100 being most important you rate around about 1 in terms of importance to me and that includes your opinion...unfortunately this thread has attracted all sorts, you being one of them...pity....and the funny thing is you have nothing proactive to say, only wait until someone else talks and then react to it...sad..
    Yet you are the one posting here making a fuss because you got banned. It's only a forum, you'd swear it was important or something :rollyes:

By the way, I'm not riled up, I was merely trying to offer you closure - boards.ie does not generate emotions in me either way.
    Irish1 wrote:
    are you not going to give me your own opinion then?

I believe I already did, but if you want more detail:

[politics mod hat off]

1. The forum charter says that calling anyone a liar must be accompanied by proof. However, your issue is with one specific thread so the overall forum rules are not an issue.

2. In the case of that specific thread, the rules differ (and it is perfectly acceptable for this to occur in threads that have a specific purpose, try the KYN thread in AH for precident). The thread is about the Tribunal itself and not on the subject of the tribunal or indeed, opinions on the subject of the tribunal.

3. The Thread rules state clearly, that statements labelling BA a liar are forbidden. The reasons for this are outlined numerous times in the thread you linked, importantly for the function of the thread itself, maybe less importantly for respecting judicial proccess.

4. Whether you agree with any of the above rules or not is pretty much irrelevant. They were in place, it was up to you to abide by them or not participate. I don't like lots of rules on boards.ie, hell I don't even like some mods, but I'll damn well respect the rules and the mod warning every single time.

4. You aimed to circumvent the rules of the thread, were asked then warned to stop. You argued, sent unsolicited PMs (which I don't have access to (NOR DO I WANT ACCESS TO) but judging by the to-and-fro in the thread, don't seem to be welcomed) were warned and eventually banned. I may not agree with the childish approach of one mod in particular in addressing your complaints - maybe they should have posted clearer and left it, but then maybe they did in a forum I'm not privvy to, but I've probably done worse myself when someone has argued past me giving them a reason, so I have to really reserve judgement on that.

5. Whether or not an Admin says the sig is alright for boards.ie general viewing, doesn't impact it being allowed, or not, in a specific forum, unles sthe admin specifically states it is ok for that forum.

As an example, I know plenty of admins and smods that state things contrary to the paranormal forum, it doesn't mean someone repeating those things in the paranormal forum, won't get banned. Likewise, I know one admin that has very strong feelings about certain soccer players - you still can't post that stuff in soccer. They may OK sigs that state those things that the believe, but if you flaunt the soccer rules with sigs, you'll still get banned.

5. You, IMO, were therefore given adequate warning, I think Fysh, in the thread you linked, gave an excellent summary of the situation.

6. Really your truck is now with the CMOD and Admins.

.... so there, you have my opinion, I'm not going to argue the rules with you, or your ban, because well, it's not my place I've just given you my opinion - not an offical mod statement.

[/politics mod hat off]

Does that mean if I accepted the proposition, it would become false?

Seriously.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

irish1 wrote: »
    ...what legal training have you got to state what is libel and what isn't?

Restating something that is a matter of a public record i.e. the tribunal hearings is not libel, especially when it can be supported by linking to the Tribunal transcripts.
    To be honest I don't think it is possible to libel someone by repeating what they say or admitted to...

Can you give precedents for all these by the way? That's usually how arguments about legal matters works...well in most countries anyways...

Hate to use imaginary scenarios but, if person A admits to something...later I repeat what person A has admitted to, I do it in good faith...If at a later stage person A changes their story about what they said, that doesn't make me a liar....it makes person A a liar...there is a crucial difference here...

I agree that reporting on what is said in the Tribunal is not Libel....what is happening here is a shooting of the messengers...or at least a banning of them...
    It doesn't matter the tiniest little bit what either of you think is or should be considered libel. If you want to test the libel laws, start your own website and do it there.

gbh, irish1 has a blog somewhere, he used to have it linked from here. Maybe he'll let you post your opinions there - after all, neither of you have anything to worry about, do you?

gbh wrote:
    That is by far the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

+1

Also a classic troll line if I ever heard one.

Does that mean if I accepted the proposition, it would become false?

Seriously.

seriously..

• Advertisement

seriously..

serious.jpg

This has turned into a game of "I know you are but what am I" at this stage. Anyone with any sense left at this stage would either put the troll on ignore or bring in the cat pics.

/puts gbh on ignore because I really couldn't be bothered with cat pics.

Stark wrote: »
    +1

Also a classic troll line if I ever heard one.

another mod...that must be 9 or 10 now...is this some kind of record...or maybe we should try break the record for most mods on a thread, discussing something with one user...

The only thing I can compare mods on here to is...if you owned your own home and you have a crowd of bouncers with nothing to do and they stopped outside your home and wouldn't let you in or out..

This has turned into a game of "I know you are but what am I" at this stage. Anyone with any sense left at this stage would either put the troll on ignore or bring in the cat pics.

At least im not foolish like you Stark...

Sorry I don't live on boards, I have a life..so i don't know what Troll means...can you explain it...

another mod...that must be 9 or 10 now...is this some kind of record...or maybe we should try break the record for most mods on a thread, discussing something with one user...
    Do you think I associate myself with the Mod of the Gays?

All I'll say before I go do some work is...

Bertie is an idiot...and mods are idiots...

good luck...

might be back later...

I probably will have to answer 9 or 10 mods individually...while they only have to reply individually once to me...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The only thing I can compare mods on here to is...if you owned your own home and you have a crowd of bouncers with nothing to do and they stopped outside your home and wouldn't let you in or out..

This is not your home, nor do you own it. If we keep with that analogy, it is the admin's home and they do own it. They have a crowd of bouncers outside who're not letting YOU in because you caused trouble the last time they let you in.

Do you think I associate myself with the Mod of the Gays?

maybe...i don't know...that's your problem..

ok that's it ... time to work....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Can I join in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

All I'll say before I go do some work is...

good luck...

might be back later...

I probably will have to answer 9 or 10 mods individually...while they only have to reply individually once to me...

You should hire an assistant.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    Can I join in yet?

Go away. Mod clique business. You'll be oppressed when it's your turn.

Mods = Losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Mods = Losers

Ah ! The defining argument, this thread can now be closed !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I believe I already did, but if you want more detail:

[politics mod hat off]

1. The forum charter says that calling anyone a liar must be accompanied by proof. However, your issue is with one specific thread so the overall forum rules are not an issue.

2. In the case of that specific thread, the rules differ (and it is perfectly acceptable for this to occur in threads that have a specific purpose, try the KYN thread in AH for precident). The thread is about the Tribunal itself and not on the subject of the tribunal or indeed, opinions on the subject of the tribunal.

3. The Thread rules state clearly, that statements labelling BA a liar are forbidden. The reasons for this are outlined numerous times in the thread you linked, importantly for the function of the thread itself, maybe less importantly for respecting judicial proccess.

4. Whether you agree with any of the above rules or not is pretty much irrelevant. They were in place, it was up to you to abide by them or not participate. I don't like lots of rules on boards.ie, hell I don't even like some mods, but I'll damn well respect the rules and the mod warning every single time.

Firstly I didn't just want to call him a liar, i.e. one line saying BA was a Liar, what I wanted to say was he mislead the Public before the general election about payments he received and lodgements he made, now I was backing that opinion which is all it was my opinion up with links to the Tribunal transcripts which are public record.

Secondly I asked in the "Rules Discussion" thread about this ruling and Trsitrame wouldn't give me an answer as to why the rules for this one thread were different compared to those accusing other Politicians of all sorts, when I questioned him on this he told me to start a thread in feedback which I did and himself OscarBravo took part in that discussion before RockClimber jumped in and banned me.
    4. You aimed to circumvent the rules of the thread, were asked then warned to stop. You argued, sent unsolicited PMs (which I don't have access to (NOR DO I WANT ACCESS TO) but judging by the to-and-fro in the thread, don't seem to be welcomed) were warned and eventually banned. I may not agree with the childish approach of one mod in particular in addressing your complaints - maybe they should have posted clearer and left it, but then maybe they did in a forum I'm not privvy to, but I've probably done worse myself when someone has argued past me giving them a reason, so I have to really reserve judgement on that.
    Wow WOW I never sent any unsolicited PMs that’s very important here because that is a reason that I was given for being banned when they couldn't think of anything else, but I didn not send PM's and the logs will show that.
    5. Whether or not an Admin says the sig is alright for boards.ie general viewing, doesn't impact it being allowed, or not, in a specific forum, unles sthe admin specifically states it is ok for that forum.

As an example, I know plenty of admins and smods that state things contrary to the paranormal forum, it doesn't mean someone repeating those things in the paranormal forum, won't get banned. Likewise, I know one admin that has very strong feelings about certain soccer players - you still can't post that stuff in soccer. They may OK sigs that state those things that the believe, but if you flaunt the soccer rules with sigs, you'll still get banned.
    Hold on its Devore's site if he says a sig is ok then I think that’s fair enough to think its allowed on the site.
    5. You, IMO, were therefore given adequate warning, I think Fysh, in the thread you linked, gave an excellent summary of the situation.
    I was not warned I would be banned, never once as I have said Tristrame and OscarBravo were still discussing the topic here when I was banned surely they would have warned me rather than tell me to go to feedback and discuss it?
    6. Really your truck is now with the CMOD and Admins.

.... so there, you have my opinion, I'm not going to argue the rules with you, or your ban, because well, it's not my place I've just given you my opinion - not an offical mod statement.

[/politics mod hat off]

Well I think if you read what I have said above and see what really happened you will see I wasn't warned and did as the mods told me and what was allowed by Devore, if as politics mod your willing to support the others mod's decisions and not say with the mod hat on that you think my ban was unfair and badly dealth with then that’s your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

blah blah

blah blah blah

... therefore Bertie is a mod*!

Oh my god, do you not realise what you have just uncovered?

*or at least could be

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Vikings wrote: »
    ... therefore Bertie is a mod*!

*or at least could be
    You forgot to say "allegedly". Then you can say what you want about him.*

* may not be true. Allegedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

irish1 wrote: »
    Well I think if you read what I have said above and see what really happened you will see I wasn't warned and did as the mods told me and what was allowed by Devore, if as politics mod your willing to support the others mod's decisions and not say with the mod hat on that you think my ban was unfair and badly dealth with then that’s your right.

You're missing the point.

It's out of my hands. Vexorg has stated the ban stands. The Cmod has stated the ban stands. My opinion, is (as I told you already) therefore worthless, because, even if I was inclined, I wouldn't have the authority to do so.

The people you need to talk to are Vexorg, Devore and OscarBravo. Specifically I'd address DeVore as he was the one who OK'd your sig and then bring in Vexorg based on DeVores answer. Either way, if my knowledge of boards.ie's workings is up to date, they still won't counter the ban unless OB OKs it, in which case your postings, such as the ones in this thread, where you are outright abusive towards him, count against you.

At all times on boards.ie you are responsible for your posts, if this was a soccer forum issue and you posted to me as you did to OB here, given your knowledge of me, what do you think your chances of getting into soccer would be?

Take it the right route, handle the people properly and you *might*, if you haven't screwed it up already, get somewhere.

Do as you are doing now and you're just wasting bandwidth for everyone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

this thread needs a...

Chill-Pill.png

or 17,014,497,678,217

thats it stay out of it Stark...your brain couldn't handle it anyways....

• Advertisement

Well since it appears you can't delete your account from this place...I will either have to try and get a site ban or else just try forget my password...guess when i see another idiot mod reply to one of my posts i can't resist to tell them what i think of them...

To be honest my opinion of mods has dropped from none to less than none...most of them are unoriginal but only react to what others say...if you get in an argument with them they get upset because their brain's are underdeveloped and so they have to resort to banning people when it looks like the mod is going to be shown up as a fool...

Thats why I call them losers...because they are if truth be told...the equivelent of middle managers, no brain at all, just implement policy and they can't even do that right...

And even when someone is telling them they are fools and about to leave the site they still try to reason with them...

no wonder they always end up talking to each other on threads like these..no one else wants to talk to them...

Adieu...

Advertisement