Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protection programs for new laptop

• 02-12-2007 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

I just got a new laptop and spent quite a bit on it. Understandably I would like to protect this as much as possible. My PC is on its last legs and sometimes spontaneously knocks off when on the interent and im thinking this is down to a virus or such it got off the internet. Anyway, any advice on some pretection software would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0
    avg antivirus
    avg antispyware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Alot of people bad mouth mcafee but i bought a 36 month subscription to it because i found mcafee to be brilliant.It updates with the latest virus definition files daily.I run AVG alongside mcafee even though i have been advised under no circumstance to do so but i find it is a solid combination. I also have ad-aware on my laptop for added protection but i find that ad-aware can be sometimes volatile if you don't know how to properly seeing it as it can find suspicious files in the system 32 registry.I deleted these such files before and crashed my operating system.Anyway i recommend a combination of these three software programs for protection but i am well aware most people will disagree.

Advertisement