Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Products in Dublin

• 02-12-2007 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I remember reading a thread recently, I can not find it now... anyway someone said there is a place in Dublin that sells lots of American imported food items. I think it was a restaurant that also sold products.

Anyone know it? I think it was on a street starting with W or maybe the name of the place started with W...

The main thing i would be looking for is Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, which i could get from Dublin Food sales by the crate (they sell to restaurants).
    Not bothered about candy as most American candy is rubbish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Tesco's in Merrion used to do a lot of imported stuff.
    It catered for the Embassy district of Dublin 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Fallon & Byrne does a lot of American standards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Fallon & Byrne does a lot of American standards...

That was the one catho, thanks.... And not a W in sight :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think that the foodhall out in Harvey Nichols also does some American stuff if you're out in that neck of the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Anyone ever see fruit loops on sale over here ??? MMmmmmm

cereal%20028.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

If there's one thing I love when I'm over in the States:

jelly%20p%20036.jpg

Well peanut butter wise, i love panda and the ones we get in lidl and aldi are also excellent. Not bothered about american ones i have tried, though not jif. My wife just had her friend bring her back some jif cornbread muffin mix.

I went to Fallon & Byrne but they had feck all... I got some aunt gemina corn bread mix but everything else you could get in tesco etc. They did have ordinary Graham crackers (nabisco) but they were about €7.50. anyway would be more into their triscuits. Not even hidden valley ranch, which i know is supplied here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

cazzy wrote: »
    Anyone ever see fruit loops on sale over here ??? MMmmmmm

cereal%20028.jpg

Lidl do there own version of them taste the same tbh if only they did lucky charms:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

Donnybrook Fair has a large-ish selection of American food, they charge the earth though, I remember seeing Lucky Charms at €10 for a small box :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah Fallon And Byrne sometimes have froot loops and lucky charms, tho not recently :S

I mentioned in another thread where to get A&W root beer and bottles of Mt Dew around town.

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 figureofspeach

Fallon & Byrne currrently have Capn' Crunch and Grapenuts cereals.

Advertisement