Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl/Aldi

Options
  • 02-12-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why they won't accept Visa cards? Think they're the only place that don't take them, just wondering why, I don't have a Laser card so it's a bit annoying always having to pay cash.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

They dont take them, as retailers are charged a fee everytime they process a card. Aldi/Lidl probably dont take them, as a cost saving measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

MayMay wrote: »
    I don't have a Laser card so it's a bit annoying always having to pay cash.

Thanks.

So get a laser card then. They don't accept credit cards because of the charges associated with accepting credit card transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

just get a laser card, I prefer them to Credit Cards (for Irish transactions) tbh... debit > credit at least you cant bankrupt yourself with a debit card (well, anythings possible i guess)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

MayMay wrote: »
    I don't have a Laser card so it's a bit annoying always having to pay cash.

Weren't all ATM cards changed to laser cards a few months ago? I got mine in the post from AIB saying it was replacing the old ATM card. The new laser card has a chip and pin system, they were changed for extra security.

And all shops are charged a percentage when you buy something from them using a credit card, something around 3%.

Advertisement