Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec P190

Options
  • 02-12-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I've been looking into getting a case thats quiet ,but also easy to work with on my first build.
    I really like the look of the P190 http://www.antec.com/uk/productDetails.php?ProdID=09191# ,

But I'm not sure about the quality of the Psu's ,can I change them if I needed to in a couple of years time ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

You would probably be better off buying them separate opposed to being in a bundle as power supplies of lesser known brands can be of questionable build.

But yes, the P190 is a good case. It can be silent is you have the fans switched to low RPM's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I've looked around and the p190 doesn't seem to be available without the psu's.
    What I like most about the p190 is the tidyness of the design and being able to route cables around the back of the motherboard.

Is there any other cases available that have a space at the back of the motherboard for routing cables ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

_Brian_ wrote: »
    What I like most about the p190 is the tidyness of the design and being able to route cables around the back of the motherboard.

Is there any other cases available that have a space at the back of the motherboard for routing cables ?

Hmmm that's probably why it has the €379 price tag with it!
    All comes to all you could sell off the PSU on Adverts and pick up a decent Seasonic one for €100.
    That's not to say the 1200W bundled PSU is not any good, perhaps it is?
    Someone else may have experience with Neo-Link power supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Get the Antec P182 or P180, which comes without a psu, is practically the same case as the P190 bare being a little smaller.
    (they only take one psu as opposed to 2)

Then get a corsair or a seasonic psu for around €150 and you are sorted.

The only problem with the P180 ,I've seen a few people post that they had issues with the corsair psu's in these cases.

The last few posts on this page people talk about it , http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=198690&view=previous

I really want to get the 620W corsair psu:(

• Advertisement

The only problem with the P180 ,I've seen a few people post that they had issues with the corsair psu's in these cases.

The last few posts on this page people talk about it , http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=198690&view=previous

I really want to get the 620W corsair psu:(

If you actually read that thread properly you would see a poster clearly states that his modular corsair 620W has no issue with cable length.

It was the 520W model that had issues.

Now the P190 is practically the same as a P180. Bar the fact it is a little bit larger to accommodate 2 psus.

If there were huge issues with the P180, you would be having the same issues with the P190.......

(Do you understand? They are practically the same case.......)

The only issue you will ever run into with a p180/p182/p190 is cable length with some of the power cables on some power supplies.

Worst case you might need to get a cable extender for the 24pin connector.

But having built my machine in an antec p180 I can safely say that seasonic PSUs have enough cable length.

I'm sure if you go through enough peoples sigs here you will see someone with an antec p180 case with a corsair 620w PSU.
    (Seasonic make corsair 620w PSUs FYI)

Just get a p180/p182. It will be more straight forward fro a first time build than messing around with 2 dfferent PSUs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Don't get the p180 get the p182. That has holes around the back of the motherboard for you to keep you cables out of sight and out of mind, as well as helping keep temps down. p180 is the old model that can be turned into the p182 with the use of a dremel like tool :)

Thanks for the replies ,I'll stick with the P182 so. And either the seasonic/620w

All I need to do now is pick out a board and god knows what else :D:(:confused::p

Thanks for the replies ,I'll stick with the P182 so. And either the seasonic/620w

All I need to do now is pick out a board and god knows what else :D:(:confused::p

CustomPC this month does a huge motherboard roundup. Worth looking at.

Thanks for the tip uberpixie .

Whats the difference in cases with EU in the discription ? elara seem to stock cases with EU in the discription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

I myself have the p180, and its savage, great case, everything neat and tidy, it looks great, and a lot cheaper than the p190. It has room for 6 Hard drives and 4 dvd drives, the only thing is the psu has to be at the bottom, so you will need a long modular cable, but this shouldn't be any bother if you buy an antec psu, which i think are great.

cheers tim ,the 850 quattro looks healthy enough:)

Has anyone got any building stuff from pixmania ? ,I hate the place myself but I've noticed some great prices.

For my case and Psu

Komplett - 340
    Elarra - 300
    Pixmania - 260

A bit of difference for the same two parts .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

buy from germany, you'll save a lot of money

Ordered from drive-city.de and payed by bank transfer, and i had all my parts in under 2 weeks. And they were one of the cheapest places for the p182 case.

Thanks kaiser ,I had a look at the prices on that site and certain things are more expensive than komplett and the stuff I wanted is the same price on pixmania.

Whats the chances of a psu and case being damaged ,during delivery ?
    Are they shipped well ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

imo the p190 has an unbearably ugly side panel.

get some bling and buy a 182 SE :D

180px-Garyglittertopofthepops.jpgNah ,garry glitter designed that yoke.

Advertisement