Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice !!

• 02-12-2007 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Was anyone here at the justice concert yesterday in Phoneix Park?

F*CKIN SAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!! :D:D:D

You'll never be alone again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yep, amazing gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Yeah I thought it was great too. Although if there had been a pit it might've been less of a squash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Marshy wrote: »
    Yeah I thought it was great too. Although if there had been a pit it might've been less of a squash.

aaaaw the squash is what makes it dude! The not been able to move, sweaty bodies touching off one another, the inability to breathe, pints running down ur back....love it! lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

All i know about Justice is that brilliant track with Simian We Are Your Friends, what other type,of music they do they make dance music is it?

jonny68 wrote: »
    All i know about Justice is that brilliant track with Simian We Are Your Friends, what other type,of music they do they make dance music is it?

yups! check out "genesis" my fave!

Also you must have heard of D.A.N.C.E?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    yups! check out "genesis" my fave!

Also you must have heard of D.A.N.C.E?

I can't say i have, ill check them out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Anyone know if this was recorded? and where to find it?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ia5zTaMSE7Q

looked like a stomping gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

brillian brilliant gig....

i was taking a bit of a gamble goin becasue their album is cack but id heard some of their live sets and they were good and this was better then good!

lots of kids there for the warmup act but they all magically aged when justice came on bcoz by then it was full of 20 somethings!

would give my right arm for a link to the set but chances of that are slim...

Táck wrote: »
    lots of kids there for the warmup act but they all magically aged when justice came on bcoz by then it was full of 20 somethings!
    Well I think there was still loads of young people for Justice, there was just more people by the time they came on.

Well I think there was still loads of young people for Justice, there was just more people by the time they came on.

It seemed to me the majority there were 16/17 age group. Twas a good gig but omg I've never been so stressed! Friends wont shut de hell up about it ALL day!! It was good but its over, move on. Is it just me or is anyone else like this?? I hate spreading great music for fear the band will become really popular and well known, cuz then venues would be bigger, tickets would become harder to get and you wont get as many die hard fans. Really p*sses me off big time! As it is justice isn't that big a band but it looks as though tey're on the verge of becoming huge! ugh! Songs are just gonna be overplayed on the radio then and you'll just become sick of them. aaaah i need a nurofen!!!

Yes, I take my music especially dance/techno/electronic quite serious... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

It seemed to me the majority there were 16/17 age group. Twas a good gig but omg I've never been so stressed! Friends wont shut de hell up about it ALL day!! It was good but its over, move on. Is it just me or is anyone else like this?? I hate spreading great music for fear the band will become really popular and well known, cuz then venues would be bigger, tickets would become harder to get and you wont get as many die hard fans. Really p*sses me off big time! As it is justice isn't that big a band but it looks as though tey're on the verge of becoming huge! ugh! Songs are just gonna be overplayed on the radio then and you'll just become sick of them. aaaah i need a nurofen!!!

Yes, I take my music especially dance/techno/electronic quite serious... :D

You talk like they just played to a hundred people in some bunker. Good clip whoever posted it sounds like it was a pretty good gig.

Davei141 wrote: »
    You talk like they just played to a hundred people in some bunker. Good clip whoever posted it sounds like it was a pretty good gig.

Thousand...MAX!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Was the gig full of knackers?

DadaKopf wrote: »

Why on earth would you ask that?? :rolleyes:

But yea....TOTALLY!!! Hot topless ones too ;)

DadaKopf wrote: »
    That was the one real down side. But I guess its what one expects.

That was the one real down side. But I guess its what one expects.

UGH! I love knackers...they've got style! A lot of skerries lads there....:D Wouldnt happen to be any of yous would it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Thousand...MAX!

Nah there were way more than a thousand at that gig! Sure the marquee holds 8,000-10,000. I know it wasn't full, but there was a decent crowd at it!

And tbh I didn't notice too many knackers.

UGH! I love knackers...they've got style!
    Well thats one way of putting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

brillian brilliant gig....

i was taking a bit of a gamble goin becasue their album is cack but id heard some of their live sets and they were good and this was better then good!

would give my right arm for a link to the set but chances of that are slim...

Fook that Taco Bell, you still missed out on Miss Kitty Kat and El Hackerino, excellent suff, cover of Suspicious Minds in the middle of the set, she's a legend.Great crowd in the Tivoli, was like the (not too) old days, Friday nights at I love techno and the likes..
    Saw a few youngsters in there with Justice T-shirts on, obviously came straight from the Phoenix Park, looked like they were having fun.

If I had the choice, give me Miss Kittin any day, still sounds like a good un alright though.
    Party was good fun too, I'm comin up during the week to get my hat back:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Was at Justice and then went on to Miss Kitten and The Hacker. Some night. I didnt notice that Justice was full of kids at all but I did kind of just hang at the back where there was a bit more space. Kitten and The Hacker didnt impress me that much but Koze after was great. My night was ruined by a mate of mine though who was completely out of it. I seemed to be the only one in my group that was on planet earth at the time so had to look after him. I think at one stage he knocked over everyone in the night clubs drink at the same time.

So a big thumbs up for Justice and DJ Koze and a thumbs in the middle for Kitten and The Hacker.

And there was way more than 1000 people at Justice but that tent would not hold 8,000 - 10,000. It was a smaller tent than the previous gigs id say there was 3000 people in it.

• Advertisement

Jesus im so depressed I missed that gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Jesus im so depressed I missed that gig...

I love this mentality - they were playing the fecking UCD student bar 8 months ago, not to mention the trinity ball :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I enjoyed the set they played,
    Pity the crowd were a load of underaged knob-ends who only knew one tune.
    Ive seen these guys 4 times now and the atmosphere at the Marquee was absoloutely bollix compared to when Ive seen them before.

I beg your pardon...its just this gig was with the teenagers...and I was out of the country..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Griff77

Loved the encore, really finished the place off. Saw them at I Love Techno and wasn't going to see them at the weekend but thank god i did! Was a better set than at ILT. Crowd was a good mixture of oldies and kids... Pity they didn't do their remix of ZZT

Would like to see another DJ set from them like last years one in TBMC even tho lambchops wasn't playin!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

good gig but it was full of knackers pilled off theyre faces. yet some of them still managed to be as aggresive as ever on the so called love buzz! im 20 and felt old near the front :/

Grimebox wrote: »
    good gig but it was full of knackers pilled off theyre faces. yet some of them still managed to be as aggresive as ever on the so called love buzz! im 20 and felt old near the front :/

lol all d hard cores were at d front....me included. You weren't the guy with the HUGE afro were u?? His head blocked evry1s view behind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WiDGe->

anyone see the punch up before justice came on?? no love buzz there i tell ya!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

WiDGe-> wrote: »
    anyone see the punch up before justice came on?? no love buzz there i tell ya!!

Just the kinda thing you like to see at a gig!

Was there loads of scrouts at it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just the kinda thing you like to see at a gig!

Was there loads of scrouts at it?

I didnt notice loads of scrotes but they could have been up the front. The tent was fecking tiny and you could hear and see as well from the back (also you are closer to the bar) so I didnt bother venturing in that far. I can understand people squishing there way up the front to see a band but when its just 2 guys with a load of filter knobs, triggers and laptops im not that bothered I would much prefer to have some space for a proper dance at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

just bought their cd there last week, and they seem to be just another daft punk band..(get it?,, anyone,, no. ok then)
    the first time i listened to it, it was just one track, valentine, that sounds very like it could have been on 'homework', but the more i listen to it, if someone said it was an unreleased album that daft punk made between homework and discovery, id easily believe them, if i didnt know it wasnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭xXxnaoisexXx

Ah have to say was amazing alright.
    When they started i was near the front, that wasn't very fun getting dragged around the place by loads of drunk people.
    But after that went into the middle. A m a z i n g :)
    Was kinda short though =/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

Saw them at (that big festival in punchestown) , did they play ZZT ? (lower state of consciousness) was the highlight of the set there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ADSsgGTq4

Deadly buzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

garthv wrote: »
    I enjoyed the set they played,
    Pity the crowd were a load of underaged knob-ends who only knew one tune.
    Ive seen these guys 4 times now and the atmosphere at the Marquee was absoloutely bollix compared to when Ive seen them before.

I will agree with you about some only knowing one tune but that wasn't helped by them constantly playing it. I felt they really overused We are your friends...

Was at the front myself and the crush wasnt too bad until they started playing We are your friends and then a hundred knobheads pushed forward. The set itself was very good but still, they have a long way to come until they are nearly as good as Daft Punk...The teenagers were very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Was anyone here at the justice concert yesterday in Phoneix Park?

F*CKIN SAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!! :D:D:D

You'll never be alone again!

Why does your sort ever leave finglas?

Seriously if there's one thing that wrecks my head about electronic gigs in Ireland, it's ****ing knacks at gigs.

You are not normal. Nobody else in Western Europe, with the exception of regional towns in the UK, dresses or acts like that, it's ****ing embarrassing? You're on the fringes of society.

We're trying to shed our image of a poor country here, but of course we end up looking like some **** hole in Poland or **** knows where.

I guess it's going to take another twenty years for the knacks to disappear

• Advertisement

Hub wrote: »
    Why does your sort ever leave finglas?

Seriously if there's one thing that wrecks my head about electronic gigs in Ireland, it's ****ing knacks at gigs.

You are not normal. Nobody else in Western Europe, with the exception of regional towns in the UK, dresses or acts like that, it's ****ing embarrassing? You're on the fringes of society.

We're trying to shed our image of a poor country here, but of course we end up looking like some **** hole in Poland or **** knows where.

I guess it's going to take another twenty years for the knacks to disappear

haha, that has to be the post of the year for me...as someone who you wouldn't classify as a "knack" , i can safely say, you are a complete knob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

haha, that has to be the post of the year for me...as someone who you wouldn't classify as a "knack" , i can safely say, you are a complete knob.

ha ha

Hub, you sir, are a complete ****.....

Its your type that I hate seeing at the gigs that I may frequent, pretentious a$shole...

I dunno Tack, I'd probably classify you as a knack:D

i'd clamp you JCDUB if i was a clamper

That's out of order ya ballicks, cost me 90 bleedin yoyo's:eek:

Laurent Garnier tonight, thinking about it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement