Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car radio installation in Dublin City Centre, D7 or D15

Options
  • 02-12-2007 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of anywhere in Dublin City Centre or D7/D15 where I could get a car stereo installed? I was given a Car stereo by a friend of mine and I want to replace my existing stereo with it?? The 2 places that used to install them that I knew of (out in D15)dont do it anymore. I was hoping to get it installed tomorrow.

Thanks

Gazzer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I highly recommend Safesounds in Drumcondra. Good prices and knowledgable friendly staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Safesounds are good.

But would you not fit it yourself - usualy very handy job.

What sort of car are you fitting it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks for the recomendation ballooba.

Earth Worm Jim. The stereo I want to fit is a Wharfdale USB/CD player.. into a 01 Punto. I was going to attempt to install it myself but I dont have the tools to remove the existing player. I tried using skinny tea spoon handles on both sides to remove it but it wouldnt budge. So I reckoned getting it done by an expert would be safer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

safesounds and good prices dont usually go in the same sentance.,
    it might be a simple job for you to do yourself, what car is it you want the stereo fitted in? and is the stereo a single din standard one or a double din.,

edit: just saw your last post, you need a facia adapter for the punto MK2 and it already has an ISO block on its wiring as standard so the stereo will just plug into it without having to buy a wiring harness.,
    you could spent another 20ish quid on parts and just fit the stereo yourself, it wil work out a lot more expencive if you take it to a shop and they dont usually like to fit stuff that they didnt sell ya.,

Advertisement