Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Scenic Reversing Lights problem

• 02-12-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Any help appreciated. Recently got an 02 scenic, reverse lights not working, bulbs seem fine, checked fuse under dash(15) and it seems ok. Am Imissing something obvious? any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the reverse light switch could be at fault. Not sure if this switch is in the gearbox or connected to the linkages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd also be inclined to suspect the reverse light switch. AFAIK, it is bolted into the gearbox casing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kayaker

Hi All

I seem to have no reverse lights also on the 06 grand scenic, is replacing the switch a big job or because it's 06 is it still under warranty.

L8r

Kayaker:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kayaker wrote: »
    Hi All

I seem to have no reverse lights also on the 06 grand scenic, is replacing the switch a big job or because it's 06 is it still under warranty.

L8r

Kayaker:)

Depends on when in 06 it was bought, iirc it has a 2 year warranty. Do you have it from new? Id'd go back to wherever it was bought, I'd imagine they'd look after you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I posted a pic last week of a guy with a Scenic with full time reversing lights on.

Cue irate Renault owners claiming their lights:-

1/. Have always been perfect.

2/. Are no worse than other volume manufacturers.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I posted a pic last week of a guy with a Scenic with full time reversing lights on.

Ive've noticed quite a few Transits going around lately with very similar light issue's . It's most certainly not limited to Renault.

My missus 00 Scenic had rear light cluster issues. When I took them out to replace them, it was quite clear the issue was caused by previous owners using the cables to try pull the bulb board out (theres a little clip on it people). I replaced the block connector with one that hadnt been yanked out and hey presto, fixed lights.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Stekelly wrote: »
    Ive've noticed quite a few Transits going around lately with very similar light issue's . It's most certainly not limited to Renault.

:D See? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

funny.. i would have thought this is more an "issue" with Fiat Punto's. Unless i just keep seing the same Fiat Punto driving around with its brake lights on all the time.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

No trolling. See?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

206's! If you but a single bulb in instead of a double the brakelights will be on all the time. I must've seen about 10 now

The reverse switch on an 02 scenic is on the end of the gearbox pointing out. It should have a green plug on it iic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saruman wrote: »
    funny.. i would have thought this is more an "issue" with Fiat Punto's. Unless i just keep seing the same Fiat Punto driving around with its brake lights on all the time.

Its probably the same one... based on fairly huge mileage, the cars I see most often with dodgy lights are Renaults and Nissans. And who owns the majority of Nissan? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Thanks for all the replies guys.
    In my case it was the switch, located under the car around the gearbox, I know very little about cars, so a pal did it for me, replaced the switch and that was it. He did say however that any problems with front headlights has to be done by a renault garage - even replacing a bulb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

thats rubbish about the bulb! Hell i brought my car in for service and aksed them to change the bulb and they forgot to do it :D

I have replaced the bulbs on clio's before. nothing difficult about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

bravo wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Any help appreciated. Recently got an 02 scenic, reverse lights not working, bulbs seem fine, checked fuse under dash(15) and it seems ok. Am Imissing something obvious? any help appreciated.
    Hi Bravo. Renault are renowned for electrical problems. Without trying to be smart the best help I can give you is to advise you to get shot of it.:(

It will be one problem after another!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Stekelly wrote: »
    Depends on when in 06 it was bought, iirc it has a 2 year warranty. Do you have it from new? Id'd go back to wherever it was bought, I'd imagine they'd look after you

Our 06 megane has a three year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DeiseDan

Hi guys

New to boards.ie so please forgive me if i'm not posting correctly, but as this post seems relevant, it's here I'll ask my question.

without feeding the troll or anything like it, All my brake bulbs blew over 2-3-days, replacing the normal taillights was no problem, but how to access the bulbs on the high mounted brake light, (centred over rear window?)

The really stupid thing is, I have a manual ........somewhere, and if I didn't need it I'd be tripping over the darn thing, now I do, no such luck!

If I can find my way back here, I look forward to your suggestions!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

DeiseDan wrote: »
    Hi guys

New to boards.ie so please forgive me if i'm not posting correctly, but as this post seems relevant, it's here I'll ask my question.

without feeding the troll or anything like it, All my brake bulbs blew over 2-3-days, replacing the normal taillights was no problem, but how to access the bulbs on the high mounted brake light, (centred over rear window?)

The really stupid thing is, I have a manual ........somewhere, and if I didn't need it I'd be tripping over the darn thing, now I do, no such luck!

If I can find my way back here, I look forward to your suggestions!!
    Hi, and welcome to Motors. We have a rule against digging up old threads, as the posters have generally long since moved on. The best thing to do is to start a new thread with the same question, and hopefully someone will be able to help you.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement