Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jean that FIT!!!HELP

• 02-12-2007 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey I’m having a few problems finding jeans that fit.
    If I find a pair that fit my waist nicely, the leg is always to long.
    If I get a nice fitting leg, well the waist is always bunchy, and if it’s not that, the arse hangs out on them.

This problem has led me to just wear baggys all the time.

I think it may be the fact my height doesn’t match weight or something like that.

Also would the fact I’m looking at cheap ass jeans in dunnes or marks be the problem?

Someone told me I’d get a proper fitting pair if i splashed out in someplace like urban outfitters.

Is it just a case of always having to get my jeans altered? or paying tru the nose!

Any and all recommendations are welcome. (I'm a bloke btw.)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

it can be worth spending the extra few quid on jeans to get a good fit. however if you find a pair that fit in the waist and need taking up then bring them to a dressmaker to get altered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I can never find trousers that aren't too long on the leg. Always have to get them altered, I think it's there's a conspiricy of clothes alterers making sure trouser legs are too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

It's worth paying a bit on your jeans. Cheap monday are expensive but fit pretty decent..the cheap penneys ones are shapeless as heck, and altho you can be lucky, nine times of of ten I think you get what you pay for with jeans...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

Topman maybe?

I know that Topshop are good for girls. They don't do 8s 10s etc, you buy the jeans based on your leg and waist measurements and there's loads and loads of combinations to try on. Maybe the same in Topman?

My brother buys quite a lot of jeans in French Connection so they must be alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm quiet small so I know all about this kinda trouble! I'm a size 8 and I'm barely 5ft (if even). I find it really REALLY hard to get nice jeans that fit. It always involves an alteration, which often causes a change to the actual shape of the jeans so I'd love to be able to get a nice fitting pair too. Whoever makes them seem to be under the impression that all size 8's are tall and have no hips! Or thighs for that matter! Euurgghh... it's a nightmare. I envy u girls who can just go in, try on a pair, buy them and wear them without making any changes to them!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I'm quiet small so I know all about this kinda trouble! I'm a size 8 and I'm barely 5ft (if even). I find it really REALLY hard to get nice jeans that fit.
    The best thing is to try and find jeans in a short leg and if possible in the petite range and wear with heels. I find A-Wear and River Island are excellent for jeans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

WindSock wrote: »
    I can never find trousers that aren't too long on the leg. Always have to get them altered, I think it's there's a conspiricy of clothes alterers making sure trouser legs are too long.
    Where do you get them altered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

mac123 wrote: »
    Where do you get them altered?

In the dress makers, some dry cleaners or clothes fitters shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

My other half only wears Tommy Hilfiger jeans. They really are the best fit we've found (for him anyway).

Advertisement