Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing modules...

Options
  • 02-12-2007 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with switching subjects for semester 2. I got landed with a crap choice for my english seminar in semester two at the start of registration this year, and am trying to change it, but the site doesn't appear to be working properly. ie: in typical UCD fashion pages won't load etc. I've been trying for about 2 weeks now and I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

There are a couple of other threads on this topic... there are details you need to know, but there's not much to do or say if pages don't load for you. They're loading just fine for me right now.

What I found is:
    - understand the difference between Programme and Elective places. If the SIS Electives page says there are places, it doesn't mean you can get one - places may currently be reserved for "in Programme" students.
    - Is the course you want part of your Programme? If unsure, try searching for it with the "in Programme" option checked. If it doesn't come up, it's not in your Programme (if it's not obvious already).
    - at the moment, only a few courses have had some of those reserved Programme places released - see here).

- also: don't use the Swap/Drop option - it doesn't work properly. It looks for Elective places only, and says No if there's aren't any of those free, even if there are Programme places and the course is part of your Programme. Instead, just Drop the one you don't want, and Register the one you do want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

stereoroid wrote: »
    - also: don't use the Swap/Drop option - it doesn't work properly. It looks for Elective places only, and says No if there's aren't any of those free, even if there are Programme places and the course is part of your Programme. Instead, just Drop the one you don't want, and Register the one you do want.
    ^^^ that didn't work for me though :(

Advertisement