Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a Mountain Biking Club in Coll.

Options
  • 02-12-2007 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm planning on starting a mountain biking club in my coll and i'm looking for advise on organizing events and places to go around Dublin.
    I know there are good few trails around dublin mountains/wicklow area.
    I'ld like to find out what would be the best places to go for some downhill trails, dirt jumping etc. and what would be the best way to get the bikes to the place or if there are places where you can rent out bikes.
    Thanks.
    Af.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭-Blanco-

Out of interest what college are you in?

Try these for trail info/advice:
    www.mtbireland.com
    www.epicmtb.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I'm in the coll of surgeons.
    don't think there's a big mountain biking crowd in there but well, it should be able to get somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

If I were you I'd join MAD for a couple of spins & learn the trails and how to manage spins. There are good trails in Three Rock, Kindlestown/Glen of the Downs & Ballinasteo - Irelands first official trail (which will be in **** soon)These are a good introductioin to trails and should be suitable(ish) for novices

http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=53&rec_site=103&no_cache=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

could you explain more bout MAD...
    thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

MAD are a club & they are a nice bunch. They are more than happy to welcome new faces and arrange lots of spins through the week for different levels of rider. Go to their site www.madmtb.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement