Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canging "product code" on web bought ESeries & Nokia warranty?

• 02-12-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying an E51 either on Ebay or German web shop. Anxious about it coming with a non Euro product code, and therefore not being able to avail of prompt software updates, and if I nervously go ahead and flash with Euro product code that Nokia service centres here in Ireland will not honour the warranty.

Anybody with experience of being refused repairs under guarantee here in Ireland?
    How can Irish Nokia centre tell what the original product code was and are they interested in checking it?

Thanks

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

It voids your warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

If the handset is an unbranded EU model then you should receive the standard european firmware upgrades without having to change product codes. Assuming its bought new and you get proof of purchase then you could also get the product serviced in ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

neilled wrote: »
    If the handset is an unbranded EU model

Thats the problem, I think it's possible that one might get a Russian or Asian model and the updates would follow a very different release cycle.

As far as I can see "product codes" only become public knowledge after the appearance of the each product line. There are lists of product codes on "Symbian Freak" but it seems to me these lists have been put together by interested people rather than released by Nokia.

So even after I get the phone I won't know what my "product code" means untill someone puts up a list that for that particular model, in my case prbabley E51, and it all just seems a bit hit and miss.
    thanks

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

The product code is on label in battery compartment. Ask the seller what it is and do a ggogle.
    If you have a friend in a Nokia Centre, they can tell everything about a phone from the IMEI including it's sim lock status as it left the factory

Advertisement