Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Load of rubbish

Options
  • 02-12-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

To the folks who left their green bin out, up to last night. Its contents are now blowing around the Park - I don't particularly relish having to pick up your empty cider cans and general rubbish out of my drive, and I doubt my neighbours do either.

By the way, maybe you should put more thought into what you put into your green bin - the hardcore lapdancing advertisement cards are pretty eye catching - but of course perhaps you were just binning them for a friend. You might think about asking Santa for a shredder ? and a cast iron, storm proof, green bin ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Hasn't Script closed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

As if they read this forum.... hardcore lapdancing you say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    As if they read this forum.... hardcore lapdancing you say...

Ah Slinkers, your wise observations of previous post on parking came to mind and I thought the same !

Yes indeed, the cards left little to the imagination and were numerous, - I am bound to come across more, I can keep you one if you like...... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

:) only for research purposes obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

The wind was the standard SW last night, it could be a long and entertaining winter for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Maisy wrote: »
    Ah Slinkers, your wise observations of previous post on parking came to mind and I thought the same !

Yes indeed, the cards left little to the imagination and were numerous, - I am bound to come across more, I can keep you one if you like...... ;)
    keep two, im doing a biology course and we're studying human anatomy at the moment!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

To the folks who left their green bin out, up to last night. Its contents are now blowing around the Park - I don't particularly relish having to pick up your empty cider cans and general rubbish out of my drive, and I doubt my neighbours do either.QUOTE]

At least they are putting the bags out in official sacks?! A few of us beside each other in the Park have had a certain neighbour sneak their black sacks of rubbish into each of our bins at 2am at night or early morning, etc....for months until we all started mentioning it and realised it happened to all of us!!! He hasn't been doing it since!!! But then put out black sacks instead of official ones and now we have improved to proper greenstar bags just about 5 days before bin day.....so the usual birds/dogs pull out the rubbish everywhere...but suppose we are "getting there". Have found a few others occasionally sneaking into other bins late at night too!! What people do to save a few. When they get a bill for the large dumping fine after someone rings the Illegal dumping hotline (on the contacts thread above), they will see how much they have "saved"!!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Oh the joys of winter! Just looked out the window to see a purple wheelie bin a few houses down toppled over with its contents spilling out all over the path.....here we go again.... I spent most of last winter picking OTHER people's rubbish out of my garden. The green bins are the worst as the recycling material is usually loose and lightweight so flies everywhere. Is it too much to expect people to put two and two together like so - plastic wheelie bins + gale force winds = disgusting mess all around your neighbourhood. PLEASE put a large stone or something similar on the lid of the bins to weigh them down (and also, don't put them out 2 days before the collection is due!!).

OK, sorry, rant over now, it's just the thought of months of this mess again......:eek: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

"At least they are putting the bags out in official sacks?! A few of us beside each other in the Park have had a certain neighbour sneak their black sacks of rubbish into each of our bins at 2am at night or early morning, etc....for months until we all started mentioning it and realised it happened to all of us!!! "

Aye carumba - sadder than Sad McSad of BallySad

....ah...and they (or someone else) has just done it again - black sack in the coourtyard all over the place now...this is soo frustrating, what can we do??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

it's an absolute disgrace. Right outside where we are someone has left their rubbish in a non-greenstar bag and the crows/cats/dogs have ravaged it and it's spilling out all over the place. it's disgusting and it's making the place look awful but I refuse to go out and pick it all up because it just encourages them to illegally dump their rubbish!

If I knew who it was I swear I'd be very tempted to gather it all up and leave on their doorstep. Probably the best thing to do is to catch them at it and then ring wicklow county council and report them.

Name and shame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

dh2007 wrote: »
    If I knew who it was...

There will always be a receipt or address in the rubbish. Find it and then do the dirty work...by dirty work I mean dump their rubbish in their garden!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

dh2007 wrote: »
    it's an absolute disgrace. Right outside where we are someone has left their rubbish in a non-greenstar bag and the crows/cats/dogs have ravaged it and it's spilling out all over the place. it's disgusting and it's making the place look awful but I refuse to go out and pick it all up because it just encourages them to illegally dump their rubbish!

If I knew who it was I swear I'd be very tempted to gather it all up and leave on their doorstep. Probably the best thing to do is to catch them at it and then ring wicklow county council and report them.

Name and shame them.

Also outside my door - sooo annoying - there for two weeks now...PM me and see are we talking about the same area. Only way is leave it there and constantly ring (and everyone else) the illegal dumping line (no. on thread above) and dont let anyone take it away as by the time the Coucil then come, it might be gone then - they can't fine them, etc. I have been constantly ringing teh illegal dumping hotline and the finally reacted and rang me back (and missed me!) 4 times yesterday - they left a message to ring Monday and they will come out and look at the rubbish...etc...PM me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

To the folks who left their green bin out, up to last night. Its contents are now blowing around the Park - I don't particularly relish having to pick up your empty cider cans and general rubbish out of my drive, and I doubt my neighbours do either.

By the way, maybe you should put more thought into what you put into your green bin - the hardcore lapdancing advertisement cards are pretty eye catching - but of course perhaps you were just binning them for a friend. You might think about asking Santa for a shredder ? and a cast iron, storm proof, green bin ?

What a pointless thread if I do say so myself...
    Surely to god their intentions wasn't for this to happen and could easily happen to anyones bin.
    Maybe they put the lap dancing cards in the bin for you to find, least you might get a life then and stop moaning about spilt milk...
    Oh by the way, did you know there is no santa...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What a pointless thread if I do say so myself...
    Surely to god their intentions wasn't for this to happen and could easily happen to anyones bin.
    Maybe they put the lap dancing cards in the bin for you to find, least you might get a life then and stop moaning about spilt milk...
    Oh by the way, did you know there is no santa...!!

Did you sign up just to post that? thread closed before it goes further downhill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement