Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows vista on iqon? how re-install

• 02-12-2007 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

any 1 help me with this!? got a comp from iqon! it shut down! and wont start up properly!? i tried system recovery and i failed! now i cant get back to system recovery! anyone help??? rob!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Hi have you tried to press F8 during startup and starting in safe mode ?.have you installed any new software ?. in safe mode you can use system restore

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭trisodioum

yea ive tried that and it ends up with the same screen after the green bar loading sayin restart windows installation!? thanks for reply btw

have you got an install/restore cd ? try booting with it in the drive and set windows to boot from the cd rom drive , this can be done in the bios
    trisodioum wrote: »
    yea ive tried that and it ends up with the same screen after the green bar loading sayin restart windows installation!? thanks for reply btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Try F10 - Iqon normally use it for a hidden partition. Should be able to do a non-destructive recovery from the console there.

BrendanD wrote: »
    have you got an install/restore cd ? try booting with it in the drive and set windows to boot from the cd rom drive , this can be done in the bios
    iqon dont give the disk the have it on a hidden partition on the HDD. i know that i have to press f10 but it us doesnt let me get that far... comes up failed before system recovery can start..

• Advertisement

The partition with the recovery files could be corrupt , if you phone iqon and ask them for a recovery cd they will give you one for a small fee, when you reboot the computer are you pressing F10 before the bios loads ?
    This is from the IQON site

Option 1: Non-Destructive System Recovery
    The default option in System Recovery is “Non-Destructive System Recovery”. This operation will recover factory-shipped applications, drivers and Windows® XP & Vista[SIZE=-2]TM[/SIZE] without affecting any data files that have been created since the PC was installed.
    • On boot, press F10. This will launch the System Recovery.
    • Press “Next”. You still have the option to quit the recovery at this stage, read the on screen notice,
    • If you still want to continue with the Recovery, press “Yes”, if not press “No” to exit.
    • When the System Recovery begins, it will take about 10 minutes to run.

Option 2: System Recovery – No Format
    This option will install a new Windows® XP and Vista[SIZE=-2]TM[/SIZE] while preserving all your data files (word documents, excel files, pictures etc). However applications and settings will have to be reinstalled. All your current files are moved to “My Old Disk Structure” directory in your new image.
    • Choose the “Advanced Options” button.
    • “System Recovery – No Format”, will reinstall Windows XP and Vista but will back up all your files. Again you can exit at this stage before you run the Recovery
    • Choose “Next” and “yes” to run the Recovery.
    • Afterwards when you restart Windows XP or Vista, it is back at the out of box mode (as if the PC was new)
    • Type in your COA number, Computer Name, and User names.
    • In Windows, open Windows Explorer and browse to “My Old Directory Structure” to find your old data files.

Option 3: System Recovery - Quick Format
    The option will format the partition and reinstall all factory-shipped files into the user partition. All your personal data files created and applications installed after the PC was installed will be erased.
    • Choose the “Advanced Options” button.
    • “System Recovery – Quick Format”, will format the hard drive, and reinstall Windows XP or Vista back to the factory-shipped default image.

Let me know how you get on

BrendanD wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on

Hey thanks for the comment! since posting tesco have taken back the computer and givin me a new 1 which is running fine!! thanks for all the replys! Rob!

Advertisement