Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

(Attached); Stigma

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

qballirl wrote: »
    Can some one please tell me what is the stigma attached to BMW drivers because allot of people seem to have a problem with us, i noticed this especially in big German cars. Can some one tell me i baffled are you jealous?

erm,, let me guess you got a ....... 3 series 1.6? :D
    Jealous no..... i could drive a high end bmw if i so choose, but frankly they are too common on the road, to be honest.....

:D

Sandwich wrote: »
    Its more than the exclusivity. Its the cost, and the image that has built up over 30 or 40 years when most Irish people couldnt even dream of owning one. Now they can so they are living out the pent up desire.

ha aha :D:D:D

i lost the cost of a high end 3 series in depreciation over the last few years, changing cars :D:D

eh the cost? eh NO......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

what_car wrote: »

i lost the cost of a high end 3 series in depreciation over the last few years, changing cars :D:D

eh the cost? eh NO......

Have to agree, a petrol 3series is very affordable these days. So is the diesel (hence why a donkey like me was able to buy one)

Also, with them being so 'common' it can hardly be a bad thing. So many of them on the road must mean they're pretty reliable (in a sense although they do have their flaws). I don't see too many E46's in the scrap yard (They either handle well or 3series drivers are just the best :D) - But I suppose that may not be a good thing re. getting parts.

Ah I don't know, useless post #1000 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

eh the cost? eh NO......

Jesus what do you/did you drive to lose the guts of 75-80 thousand Euro over the last few years?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

erm,, let me guess you got a ....... 3 series 1.6? :D
    Jealous no..... i could drive a high end bmw if i so choose, but frankly they are too common on the road, to be honest.....

Choosing not to drive a car because it is too common ?

Taking 'common' as widespread/not rare - i.e. wont choose it (regardless of its merits as a car) just because too many other people are.

Taking 'common' as low class/low distinction - i.e. wont choose it because it it does not display a sufficient superiority over others.

Either way. Strange way to pick a car. 'BMW Think' is spreading.

• Advertisement

Sandwich wrote: »
    Choosing not to drive a car because it is too common ?

Taking 'common' as widespread/not rare - i.e. wont choose it (regardless of its merits as a car) just because too many other people are.

Taking 'common' as low class/low distinction - i.e. wont choose it because it it does not display a sufficient superiority over others.

Either way. Strange way to pick a car. 'BMW Think' is spreading.

they are over priced too.... who would pay 40k for a 1.6 car?
    also the 3 series is small too..

if i wished i could buy/drive a 5/7 series. but i choose not to! i dont buy cars just for the badge like some...
    i have driven the 3 series... not that great by any stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

As of the new carbon tax - I now drive a BMW to save the enviornment and for cheaper road tax :D

Stigma me hole

Advertisement