Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size SD(HC) cards do nuvi's take?

• 02-12-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭

I've got my nuvi 760 on order for Xmas and want to get a memory card for it. Does anyone know if there are any limitations on maximum size? Any SD card of 4Gb or over is also a SDHC rather than a normal SD card, and I'm not even sure whether it takes these at all. So, does anyone have any hard and fast experience of this? (I'm assuming that if it works in a 3xx or 6xx nuvi, it'll work in the newer 7xx series as well)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

I have an 8GB SDHC in my Nuvi 660 FM no problems apart from loading if I have about 7GB's of Music on it, takes about 90 to 110 secs to draw the maps from the start and then it is fine.

Also update your firmware to v4.4 (I think) it helps draw the maps quicker.

I also updated my Mapping to V10 and it has cut the loadtime above to about 50 secs.

I am not sure if it will take 16GB SDHC Cards yet although.

I am using an A Data 8GB SDHC 2.0 Card Class 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for that, Flying! I think 8Gb will be more than enough for my needs.

Advertisement